LPD Tone Clone - Alice In Chains/Jerry Cantrel We Die Young AxeFx II

groovenut

Power User
Up next is one of my favorite all time rhythm tones, Alice In Chains / Jerry Cantrel We Die Young from AIC's debut album Facelift. Great Bogner tones here, really meaty stuff. Of course tuning to drop D a half step down doesn't hurt either. I used my American Strat Plus (maple fretboard) with Duncan Custom Custom bridge pickup. The toughest part to cop was the palm muting. He really get metal there!

Thanks for watching!

"Dead" on. I never really liked the way this album was mixed (too much reverb) but hearing his guitar by itself helps me to appreciate his sound on this album. I really love his tone on DIRT. Was he using the same setup do you know? His sound was huge on that album. In any event, Groovenut, I deeply respect the effort it takes to make these tonematch presets. I know there is a lot of research prior to getting started. You seem to have a wide range of knowledge for guitars, and amps etc. You have to have a great ear as well to be able to dial these suckers in so well. Cudos.

I actually just tone matched a Black Gives Way To Blue guitar tone last night... Love me some Jerry Tones!

Back
Top Bottom