LPD Randall RG100ES Amp Match

groovenut

Power User
Hey all since I have one of these amps, I thought I would give a run at matching it. Now since there is nothing similar to the RG in the AXE, I decided to use the model it was basically modeled after. IMO the RG100ES was designed to be a FET version of a slightly modified revoiced JCM800. No time to do audio samples so I'm just going to post the user cab and preset and let you all decide. If you are going for the Dime tone remember to put a filter in front of the amp block to simulate the GE-7 he used.

Let us all know what your thoughts are.

Have fun!!!!

Hi, groovenut...just wanted to let you know, I've downloaded your preset but cannot find the time to try it out and have to hit the road right now. Looking forward anyhow, since I've searched for a Randall here a while ago.

Hasn't really anyone tried this preset to give us some feedback???

Hi, groovenut...just wanted to let you know, I've downloaded your preset but cannot find the time to try it out and have to hit the road right now. Looking forward anyhow, since I've searched for a Randall here a while ago.

Hasn't really anyone tried this preset to give us some feedback???
Thanks! Sooner or later someone will report back. I was messing with it last night a bit, put a tubescreamer in front with drive at zero and level at 10 tone at noon and bam... 80s metal. Scoop the mids a bit, boost the presence and bass and you've got a great start on Pantera. You might look into reducing the bright cap to about half the size it currently is if the edge is too cutting. I run the gain at about 10 to noon and hit the front end hard with the ts. It's all there ;)

Groovenut, thanks for posting this. I think this is the first tone match I have played through and it sounds great. I am going to mess around a bit with it but a quick question regarding the tone match...... Are the amp settings driven by the tone match or is the tone match block essentially an EQ curve that is separate from the amp settings?

I just watched Cliff's tone matching video and the only thing he changed in the amp settings were the drive. I am good. Cliff's boogie...... :lol

Yeah all the tone controls were set the same as the amp. I used the input trim to adjust for the differences in gain via matching how the amp and axefx responded to guitar volume pot differences. I have played it along side the real amp and I cant tell the difference, but maybe it's my ears ;)

Back
Top Bottom