LPD - Loading User Cab IRs Into AxeFxII Using Axe-Edit Demo

groovenut

Power User

Hey all! I did this video after a question on the forum yesterday about loading downloaded user cab IRs into the AxeFx II. This demo uses Axe-Edit and provides 2 methods. I actually discovered the second method while doing the video of the first method. Both appear to work effectively, but method two is faster.

Enjoy and give me your feedback on the process and demo video!

Thanks!

Thank you for doing this. I know it's extremely confusing for many people. And it's SO important to be able to manipulate and audition the growing amount of user cabs we have access to these days!

Great job!

R

Thank you for doing this. I know it's extremely confusing for many people. And it's SO important to be able to manipulate and audition the growing amount of user cabs we have access to these days!

Great job!

R

And don't forget after you have all 50 loaded to simply put a looper block in the beginning of your patch and then you can record/play a riff and just scroll throug the cabs to audition/compare which one sounds best with that patch and hardware combination.

Yet another stellar offering from nut of grooviness! Well done!

Thank you sir!

Your offering is quite splendid as well! Saves trying to play and listen at the same time.

Hey all I am really glad everyone likes the video and hope people continue to find it useful. I agree the second method rules!

Did anyone pick up on the game reference I slid in there? My daughter laughed her butt off when she found it :D

Ok so it appears my attempt at humor was too subtle. The name of the preset is "aperture science" and the names of the cab IRs I load are "we do what we must" and "because we can". These are all references to the video game Portal. It's obviously one of my favorites. If you haven't played it (and dont wish to waste guitar practice time playing it :) ) you should do a youtube for the dialog because it's pretty funny stuff.

Thanks for watching! I hope it helps people out!

That is all!

weird how your status/percent bar at the bottom doesn't move when the IRs are being loaded

i believe it's because when I shot the video there was no AxeFx hooked up. Axedit still goes through the process albeit slower. That's why in the video it appears to hang just a bit.

Back
Top Bottom