• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

lowest profile right angle iec power cable?

gdgross

Veteran
Hi all,

In my never-ending quest to have the smallest, lightest, and baddest-ass pedalboard ever, I'm on the hunt for a low profile right angle IEC cable. You know, the usual thing:

Just hopefully a little shorter than normal...anyone know of an IEC entry that has a shorter back end?

Promit

Inspired
Just solder bare wire straight to the terminals on the unit? :D
What an absurd idea. Put crimp connectors onto the end of a cut-off IEC cable and stick those on the terminals. That way it's removable and everything! Just watch your polarity :eek: And your fingers :eek::eek:

gdgross

Veteran
What an absurd idea. Put crimp connectors onto the end of a cut-off IEC cable and stick those on the terminals. That way it's removable and everything! Just watch your polarity :eek: And your fingers :eek::eek:
don't tempt me, guys... lol

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
What do you mean by "low profile"? Which dimension are you trying to minimize? Depth?

PS: With my AX8, I now use something that I never knew existed: it's called a "LEFT ANGLE" IEC connector.

gdgross

Veteran
What do you mean by "low profile"? Which dimension are you trying to minimize? Depth?

PS: With my AX8, I now use something that I never knew existed: it's called a "LEFT ANGLE" IEC connector.
Yeah, I'm trying to minimize the length of the connector sticking out perpendicular to the back panel of the AX8. I could live with what I have now, but it's not very sexy.

I also discovered the left angle on my last pedalboard for the AX8!

Dax

New here
SF Cable 1ft Ultra Low Profile Angle NEMA 5-15P to C13 Right Angle with 18/3 AWG SJT (IEC320 C13 to NEMA 5-15P)

by SF Cable

I found these on Amazon.

Top Bottom