• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Lower output Suhr SSH+?

RifferMcDuck

Inspired
I recently tried out a Suhr SSH+ bridge in one of my mahogany guitars, and found it to be SO close to my "goldilocks" pickup - Alnico 5, balanced EQ, nice midrange bite but not super PAF-ey, warm but tight - but unfortunately way too high of output for me to stick with. The regular SSH seems to be ballpark range output wise, but I can't tell if it's meant to be a different tone altogether, and more toward the straight vintage PAF camp.

Anyone directly compare the two before?

RifferMcDuck

Inspired
Thanks everyone! I did of course lower the pickup, and sent out an email to Suhr for their advice but haven't heard back. Either way I might just stick with the SSH+, it really is a killer pickup despite being high output.

Top Bottom