Lower Hudson Valley N.Y. have any decent luthiers for fret work and repairs?

RDeraz

Experienced
Even willing to travel to western Conn. or northern Jersey for a reputable shop with a decent turnaround time.

If you don't end up finding someone closer I can highly recommend Healy Guitars in Easthampton MA. They did a total re-fret for me last year and the work was beautifully done. The quality of their fret work is on par with my Suhr and Tom Anderson guitars. The turnaround time was about a week.

There are still a lot of musicians in the surrounding Woodstock area. I would maybe poke around in that community to see what you come up with?

Yeah that’s why I recommended.
Sorry, that didn't come off as intended. division st. music came up in my search. Their website looks sketchy with almost no info on it. They have a reverb page much the same, with all used equip. Made me a little apprehensive. I'll take a ride there this weekend and give it a shot, thank you.

Sorry, that didn't come off as intended. division st. music came up in my search. Their website looks sketchy with almost no info on it. They have a reverb page much the same, with all used equip. Made me a little apprehensive. I'll take a ride there this weekend and give it a shot, thank you.
All good. It’s actually a cool little shop. And Paul’s been around a long time. He used to be at Ossining music. Very skilled but also fast and reasonably priced. Make sure he’s in before you go.

Back
Top Bottom