Low volume outputting to studio monitors

dschaaf

Experienced
Hi, I normally output my Axe FX III & FM3 to as Matrix power amp and cab with great results and the output volume is around 10-11 o’clock. Similarly outputting to headphones is great and loud around the same 10-11 o’clock on out #1.

I have always found however that volume was low on my studio monitors, Same preset, same preset levels etc and the monitors have their volume all the way up. I just picked up some KRK Rokit 10’s (which are huge mid-field monitors) and again using the same presets, the volume is low even when I max out output #1. So in summary, output #1 is all the way up (across a variety of presets) preset volume output in the output block is right where it should be and the KRK’s volume is all the way up. Even maxed like this the volume isn’t really loud?? If I play audio through the fractal device (FM3) in this case, the audio playing is way louder at 10 o’clock than my guitar is with output maxed.

Any thoughts why this would be? The I/O settings are at +4db And the usb audio volume is a zero (default) so the FM3 is not jacking up the volume of the audio.

Thanks,
Derek

have you set in the I/O menue all to unity gain? Seems to me that there might be a generall setting issue If that is present at all presets. the issues sounds quite strange as the fm3 works with the matrix well ?

Hi @dschaaf
Make sure your output level is set to +4

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Connections_and_levels#Main_output_level

Thanks
Pauly

Hi, I normally output my Axe FX III & FM3 to as Matrix power amp and cab with great results and the output volume is around 10-11 o’clock. Similarly outputting to headphones is great and loud around the same 10-11 o’clock on out #1.

I have always found however that volume was low on my studio monitors, Same preset, same preset levels etc and the monitors have their volume all the way up. I just picked up some KRK Rokit 10’s (which are huge mid-field monitors) and again using the same presets, the volume is low even when I max out output #1. So in summary, output #1 is all the way up (across a variety of presets) preset volume output in the output block is right where it should be and the KRK’s volume is all the way up. Even maxed like this the volume isn’t really loud?? If I play audio through the fractal device (FM3) in this case, the audio playing is way louder at 10 o’clock than my guitar is with output maxed.

Any thoughts why this would be? The I/O settings are at +4db And the usb audio volume is a zero (default) so the FM3 is not jacking up the volume of the audio.

Thanks,
Derek

have you set in the I/O menue all to unity gain? Seems to me that there might be a generall setting issue If that is present at all presets. the issues sounds quite strange as the fm3 works with the matrix well ?
Thanks, the I/O menu is set to unity gain. As far as the Matrix, it certainly can get loud but I thought maybe the just that the power of the Matrix is making up for any deficit. I will do a full system reset to restore anything that might have changed.

Thx
Derek

Back
Top Bottom