Low signal input usb axe fx II

jcpwn

Hello everyone,
I recently bought an axe fx II XL+ and really enjoying it so far. The problem is that when I try to record on logic pro x, I get very low (almost none) guitar signal.
My input I'm of course using input 1+2 and output 1+2 on my audio tracks. I can hear the sound of the guitar normally through my monitors when playing but there's almost no signal when recording (-38db at max). Also I noticed that the sound of the recorded guitar seems to be dry.
I record via usb cable. I had an eleven rack back then and it worked perfectly with the exact same setup. I also tried to increase both input and output on the axe edit but it doesn't change anything. Increasing the master volume or just general volume on the amp block does nothing but making my preset clipping.
I know logic pro pretty well and after many many trials/errors I still can't figure out what's happening.
Main output is monitors connected with XLRs balanced. I use the axe as my main audio interface and both the sound of my computer and my guitar can be heard through monitors so no problem here...
I'm a little frustrated now cause I need to record something for university somewhere in the next 3 days. I feel dumb giving away my eleven rack at this point because at least I could've done the job in time. I should've checked how axe fx was working with logic sooner, my mistake...
I do hope the problem is just an easy fix that one of you guys are aware of!
I'm opened to all suggestions at this point. Just need to fix it asap...
thank you!

Are you sure you're getting the right outputs into the DAW? There are also DI output channels and it sounds like maybe you're using those?

Are you sure you're getting the right outputs into the DAW? There are also DI output channels and it sounds like maybe you're using those?
Thank you for that quick reply man! Unfortunately yes, I know logic pretty well and it doesn't seem the problem comes from the daw. It's most likely an axe fx issues since I don't know much about the unit yet (damn this thing is nearly impossible to 100% understand!)

there's almost no signal when recording (-38db at max). Also I noticed that the sound of the recorded guitar seems to be dry.
sounds like you’re recording the dry signal from the Axe rather than the Wet signal. Can you show a screenshot of the Audio setup in Logic where you choose what interface?

Also if you can show the Track Input where you choose what inputs go to the specific track.

Thank you for that quick reply man! Unfortunately yes, I know logic pretty well and it doesn't seem the problem comes from the daw. It's most likely an axe fx issues since I don't know much about the unit yet (damn this thing is nearly impossible to 100% understand!)
Not talking about the DAW but which input in the DAW from the Axe Fx that you are choosing. There are multiple and one pair is a DI...

USB Inputs 1 and 2 are the processed left and right signals from the Output block on the grid.
USB Inputs 3 and 4 are the dry DI signal from Input 1.

Thank you guys for taking the time to answer. Of course I had to record with something else to get my work done but I really want to be able to record to my axe so here I am again. My monitors are connected via XLR output 1 and 2, guitar cable into instr. on front. Here's few screenshots. Anything wrong so far? I basically tried every possible way (input 1+2, 3+4, 1, 2 ... )

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 3.09.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 3.09.19 PM.png
    421.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 7.37.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 7.37.22 PM.png
    99.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 7.38.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 7.38.02 PM.png
    64 KB · Views: 11
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 7.38.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 7.38.16 PM.png
    58.7 KB · Views: 11
Alright so I figured out what the problem was. Basically had to go in L/O then switching usb/digi out source to output 1 (was setted to input 1).
Telling the solution here so if anybody got the same problem they could just do that. Simple but not that simple.
Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom