Low Frequency hum - wtf - help!

Well I did have a big old clear-out of the clutter that had accumulated in my music room so it is now much tidier, that may be the cause? Not really something I've ever come across before. Maybe I'll have to acquire more junk and scatter it around the room! Thanks again for the advice guys. I'll report any improvements.

Had a similar situation a few months back, except mine was with Gb notes. At first I thought it was my guitar's trem springs rattling so I put foam strips under them. Then it was another guitar with Gb notes doing the same thing. Used foam strips on it too, but it didn't solve either one of my 2 guitar's issues. It was driving me crazy for days. Then I thought holy crap it is my monitors screwing up. That wasn't the case either. I got the bright idea that it must be built up acoustics screwing with stuff. So I went and took all the cushions off all 3 of my couches in the living room and leaned them all against the walls in my music room. No more weird sounds on any notes after that! I had recently moved a small couch out of my music room and I'm pretty sure it had been absorbing those built up acoustics in the room because I have all tile floors through my entire house, so literally nothing in there to absorb the sound. Needless to say, I moved the small couch back in the next day and all is good.

Back
Top Bottom