Loving the Darddario nyxl strings

Yeah I been using them since shortly after they came out. They have wonderful feel.
I noticed the play much better with Tremolo systems too. I can generally string up Tune once after that, and they will stay in tune from there out. Barring temperature changes.

I wanted to like them the NYXL's I really did, there is just something about the tone of them that doesn't sound right to me. I love the hell out of my EB M- Steels though, afterimage stretch them they will not go out of tune more than a cent and that's on guitars that I both play regularly or grab out of storage.

How is NY XL compared to elixirs? I like elixirs for their durability.
I think it depends on your climate and hands. I have super oily and acidic hands it seems. So i find I kill the highs faster than I would like. But i almost never change the strings because they are broken or not staying in tune. Its usually cause I have killed the high strings, and started crimping into the windings on the lows. Usually after a month or so.

I love the NYXLs too. I used the regular nickel XLs for about 14 years and the NYXLs are a nice little upgrade. Like you said, they're brighter and stay in tune better.

I got a guitar recently that came with Ernie Ball Slinky's and I can't wait to change them out. They're already corroding and the high E came off by the ball end! None of the guitar stores around me carry the NYXLs though so I have to order them from Amazon.

NYXL strings rock! Love em too. Definitely one of my favorites alongside to EBMM Cobalts.

I love the NYXLs too. I used the regular nickel XLs for about 14 years and the NYXLs are a nice little upgrade. Like you said, they're brighter and stay in tune better.

I got a guitar recently that came with Ernie Ball Slinky's and I can't wait to change them out. They're already corroding and the high E came off by the ball end! None of the guitar stores around me carry the NYXLs though so I have to order them from Amazon.
Never have I had the issues I've had with EB from d'addario. I've had EBs do this, I've had em snap on me while STRETCHING them after a restring, I could never

I've been a long time user of the standard ol 10's from Daddario for something near 10 years now. Ive tried others in between and they just never gave me that sheen or overall sound I liked, and for a good duration. EB's always seem to be extra bright, and die real quick. Daddario seem to be bright, but stay bright. I tried the NYXL set out, didnt notice much difference in tone honestly, but I did notice they stayed in tune alot better...cant decide if thats worth the 3x price though.

I have been using them pretty much since they came out. They sound about 15% more alive and def last longer -the biggest quality is they stay alive so to speak for much longer than regular strings

I'm in a string testing phase right now.
I've gone through Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky, NYXL and Curt Mangan. Have 4 more brands to try.
NYXL is my favorite so far ...

I'd like to hear opinions on NYXL vs Elixirs too. Going through another string testing phase. For Christmas I made a string sampler pack for our other guitarist. *FP* I didn't buy a set of NYXLs for myself to try.

Last night I broke a string on a 14-month old set of Elixirs. For a long time (over 20 years?) I haven't broken a string while playing, but I do realize playing a set for 14 months is pushing it haha. That's actually a pretty good endorsement though.

I don't think you'll get that long out of a set of strings. I found that tonewise the elixirs where darker. But thats to be expected out of a coated string. But it has been close to a decade since i have used elixirs.

Though I can totally understand the desire of some of the warmer less harmonic overtone saturated tones you can get from a aged set of strings.

Last night I broke a string on a 14-month old set of Elixirs.

14 months Old??? how often do you play on them? I used to run Elixirs a long time ago and once the coating started to fray they were changed but that was nowhere near 14 months more like 14 weeks.

Just changed both my PRS's to NYXL from Elixrs, gigging tomorrow so we will see how they stand up, I tend to get through strings pretty quick, so far the tuning stability seems better after a bit of stretching

Back
Top Bottom