Lovin the Dr Z Tone Match from Axe Change (FW 7.0)

zionplayer

Inspired
I downloaded this patch to see if I could find a "punchy clean" and "edge of dirty/clean" for some lead work, and sure enough I love what I am hearing. In this clip (just noodling around a bit) I am driving it a little hard, but if you roll off the volume on the guitar it cleans up really nicely too. Thanks again FAS! Now if I just had time to try hundreds of IR's, mics and cabs combinations...

sounds great, but man...there's a lot of compression on that clip! have you got something on the master outs? ozone, or something?

Thanks for the kinds words and feedback! Yes - tons of compression... First time playing with Reaper software, and tried to add a master limiter to control the pitiful bass guitar tone/overtones - don't know what I am doing with it. At least the drum machine was consistent...

I did mess a little with the patch, adding some ducking delay and other FX that are not turned on in the patch like the looper, etc. Will post my version when I get home tonight.

Upload of Patch

Got home late last night and didn't get it done - so here is the modified patch. Only slight tweaks and added some FX just because there was plenty of CPU to use and because I could.

I think there is too much Drive in this version, really doesn't need it. Seems to sizzle too much for me at full guitar volume, and I still have some of the "ice pick" sounds on my E and A strings in certain pickup combinations. I plan to make other small adjustments as well, to suit my guitar and playing style.

Thanks again Fractalites everywhere. I am constantly learning from you guys on this forum, and feel I am a better player for it. You guys rock!

Attachments

• 04 Dr Z Maz 38 (TMA).syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 30
Ah, back off on that bus compression, Mr Zion! You make people seasick with that pumpin' :shock ;)

Ah, back off on that bus compression, Mr Zion! You make people seasick with that pumpin' :shock ;)

OK - Found the compression knob FX in Reaper! Took it to 0 so the track should be better, but it still seems squashed. Wonder if uploads to soundcloud do something to the mp3...

Back
Top Bottom