Wish Lovetone Product Line

Andvari7

I love the tweakability and the sheer lunacy of the Lovetone pedals - Big Cheese, Brown Source, Meatball, Doppelganger, ?, Wobulator, and my personal favorite, the Ring Stinger. If Fractal were to include them, and the Tycobrahe Parapedal, which has been requested, I’d be on the wait list for three Axe FXs.

I agree 100%. Owned one of the first AXE FX IIs and currently own an AXE FX III Mark II and I think they did a great job of putting more pedals on the list, but I would absolutely love to see Lovetone pedals in the AXE FX line for four good reasons. First, nothing sounds like them. Two, they sound fantastic! Third, they have long been discontinued, and lastly, they are so sought after even the clones, if you can find one, go for over $500. The real deals go for over a thousand dollars. My personal favorite is the Douppelganger. Nothing comes close to that pedal in it's beauty of sound and versatility. Please Fractal team, hear my prayer!

I agree 100%. Owned one of the first AXE FX IIs and currently own an AXE FX III Mark II and I think they did a great job of putting more pedals on the list, but I would absolutely love to see Lovetone pedals in the AXE FX line for four good reasons. First, nothing sounds like them. Two, they sound fantastic! Third, they have long been discontinued, and lastly, they are so sought after even the clones, if you can find one, go for over $500. The real deals go for over a thousand dollars. My personal favorite is the Douppelganger. Nothing comes close to that pedal in it's beauty of sound and versatility. Please Fractal team, hear my prayer!
As usual, Cliff would need a schematic, and an actual unit, both of which seem hard to come by for a pricey discontinued line of pedals. Sounds like fun though, if unlikely.

I see..well maybe I'll just have to buy one or two to send to Cliff so he can do it when he has the time. That just may be worth it! Schematics is the easy part. Thanks for your input. :)

Problem is, the available schematics may not be accurate. This is the reason JHS put out the Cheese Ball, one of which I own, and would, if need be, sacrifice to the cause.

I managed to get fairly decent meatball and doppelgänger sims out of what we already have, but psychologically, the idea to have dedicated blocks named after those would definitely make for a better result - at least visually!!

I managed to get fairly decent meatball and doppelgänger sims out of what we already have, but psychologically, the idea to have dedicated blocks named after those would definitely make for a better result - at least visually!!
The doppelganger is difficult. It really has a thick clear unique sound and I believe a built in vibrato added to the phaser fx. I never owned one but I've heard them demonstrated a lot and in songs. One U2 song that comes to mind where it's very prominent is the clean guitar parts in the song "Discotheque," but the studio version. The live version it's very subtle and you could probably get away with using almost any phaser to get that sound, however in the studio version it's very distinct. I listened to your samples of this song and it's obviously the live version, which sounds very good and accurate to their live version, but respectfully not a good example of what this pedal sounds like as in the studio version. I'm not saying you can't get that sound with the Axe FX, but if you can, I'd love to see how! I've gotten to where some people would consider close I guess, but not nearly close enough to be satisfied. I'd say 80 to 85%. Needs to be at least 95% for me to be satisfied respectfully.

Problem is, the available schematics may not be accurate. This is the reason JHS put out the Cheese Ball, one of which I own, and would, if need be, sacrifice to the cause.
Not sure about the other pedals but the Doppelganger you can actually buy the circuit board to it to make a clone and it's got to be accurate because there are demonstration videos of them on youtube and they sound identical.

The doppelganger is difficult. It really has a thick clear unique sound and I believe a built in vibrato added to the phaser fx. I never owned one but I've heard them demonstrated a lot and in songs. One U2 song that comes to mind where it's very prominent is the clean guitar parts in the song "Discotheque," but the studio version. The live version it's very subtle and you could probably get away with using almost any phaser to get that sound, however in the studio version it's very distinct. I listened to your samples of this song and it's obviously the live version, which sounds very good and accurate to their live version, but respectfully not a good example of what this pedal sounds like as in the studio version. I'm not saying you can't get that sound with the Axe FX, but if you can, I'd love to see how! I've gotten to where some people would consider close I guess, but not nearly close enough to be satisfied. I'd say 80 to 85%. Needs to be at least 95% for me to be satisfied respectfully.

Oh, yeah, I know the difference between the live and studio version! The live version in fact does not use the doppelgänger at all, you can hear the doppelgänger in last night on earth live (the refrain after the choruses). However, when I said I managed to get decent results with what we have, I wasn't talking specifically about any U2 tones, but rather by comparing the real pedal at settings I like with internal phased / univibe blocks, and I got pretty close (as in "if you A/B em isolated you can tell the difference, but if you A/B them in a band mix you probably wouldn't" close!)

I understand Edo, I didn't think you were talking about it specifically for U2 tones. I didn't mean to make it sound like that. I was just using that song for an example because it's just a good example and I know you would know that song and I certainly do. So I assume you have this pedal to A/B? If you can get it that close, then you should be able to get the studio version sound of that pedal too, and I'll just have to try harder, but I still would like this pedal added to the Axe FX. It would make things significanty easier as well as more pleasing to the ear.

The Ring Stinger is a fun pedal. "Audio rate" LFOs.
I haven't heard that one, but I'm sure it's very cool. All their pedals I've heard are great, and I'm not a pedal guy. Believe me, I'm not one who will pester Cliff just because there's a cool pedal out there that I would like in the Axe FX. I'm sure he's bombarded with all kinds of things people want, but pedals like these that are so unique sounding, useful and very hard to get your hands on because they are long discontinued and sell at outrageous prices is a different thing. If they were easily available at a reasonable price I wouldn't even be mentioning it on here. As it is, I may end up having to buy one and sending it to Cliff, but one is about all I can afford, and that ain't enough!

Back
Top Bottom