Love the choice between 7 and 8.

scorch

Experienced
I finally had the time this weekend to dig around in v.8. Some sounded good, but some had an edge to it that was hard to get rid of. I was at Sunday dinner with in-laws and I was mulling over going back to v.7.

I get home and v8.01 was out. Installed it, played with it and yeah, I think I like the feel of 7 a bit better. There's just a smoothness - almost a silkyness to v7. v8 had a bit of grit to it - an edgyness that was a bit bothersome.

Some probably like that edge. Now we can choose.

I went back and forth with about five of my favorite patches and I liked v7 better on all of them. To be sure...the effect is quite subtle. It may not bother some at all.

But its great to have the choice.

Try resetting the amp type, pres active and dynamics -3% on 8.01to get 7.0 feel.

How is this feature going to work in the future? Will it offer a choice between 8 and 9? 7 and 9? 7, 8, and 9?

Hard to say, but the fact that we got a choice is stunning. Can anyone show me one other product that gives you options between 2 FW on the fly!! (Without a crack)

If this is a trend, it is fantastic. No more whining. Keep you patches as they are. Turn a knob in global: You are in the next generation!!!! Really easy to compare too..

Back
Top Bottom