LOVE ME SOME FAT SWITCH

for my high gain sounds (axe into 2:90 into two recto 4x12 v30) the switch sounds terrible in almost all situations. to my ears it fattens up way too much and too wide in the low mid range - at least this it how it sounds with my setup. The sound is geting more like packed into the mid-carpet then bringing something fat up.

cheers

for my high gain sounds (axe into 2:90 into two recto 4x12 v30) the switch sounds terrible in almost all situations. to my ears it fattens up way too much and too wide in the low mid range - at least this it how it sounds with my setup. The sound is geting more like packed into the mid-carpet then bringing something fat up.

cheers

The fat or deep switch on the 2:90 is the nest deep circuit out ther IMHO so there would be no need to use it with that amp, I know I have one. That being said the fat switch in the new firmware is the duck's nuts so let's get our big bottom on and go hoggin'!

this would explain all. I have and always had deep and modern switched on on the 2:90 with all preamps ever played over it. So switching fat on over-fattens (actually twice the fat algorithm in a row) and makes this muddy carpet sound....will eep my hand off that switch, but will try switching the deep mode on the 2:90 off and fat mode on...lets see...actually nothing should change in the sound toggling deep and fat.

cheers

The Fat switch sounds different on different amps - I must agree that on certain amps it is a bit 'overly midsy'...

If you look a little deeper at that Fat Switch function, you will find that it has some adjustment available. Check that out and see if it lets you dial in just the right fatness.

If you look a little deeper at that Fat Switch function, you will find that it has some adjustment available. Check that out and see if it lets you dial in just the right fatness.

could you please tell me where to find those adjustments ? just watched in axe edit but did not see anything

cheers

this would explain all. I have and always had deep and modern switched on on the 2:90 with all preamps ever played over it. So switching fat on over-fattens (actually twice the fat algorithm in a row) and makes this muddy carpet sound....will eep my hand off that switch, but will try switching the deep mode on the 2:90 off and fat mode on...lets see...actually nothing should change in the sound toggling deep and fat.

cheers
So basically you turned it into a morbidly obese switch by accident. :mrgreen

IMHO, the best Fat switch placement is Pre-distortion (a la Mesa & Dumble) - this circuit sounds like it is post :(

Back
Top Bottom