Love for the USA Lead +

ThelmoRego

Inspired
I just wanted to show love for the Mark IV model in the axe. I’ve been a 2C+ Bri/deep or 2c++ user as my main high gain for ages and never cared for the IV. Not sure how many firmwares ago I last tried it but today I made a preset with it that honestly sounded better then I ever got with the 2c model. Only using basic controls and geq. No advanced parameters. Sounded absolutely killer. Just wanted to share in case anyone else hasn’t given it a shot in a while.

I've always loved the Mark IV, even before Fractal Audio was around. It's always been one of my favorite amps. So naturally it's always been my favorite set of models in the Axe.

IMO the IV is the one Mesa that's not a total bitch to dial in.
The IIC+ is great and all but I seem to can't get out of that Bass at 1, Mids cranked up and V GEQ, making it a one trick pony for me.
The Mark IV doesn't fail in that area. Just like you said, basic controls are enough, giving it a wider spectrum of usability

IMO the IV is the one Mesa that's not a total bitch to dial in.
The IIC+ is great and all but I seem to can't get out of that Bass at 1, Mids cranked up and V GEQ, making it a one trick pony for me.
The Mark IV doesn't fail in that area. Just like you said, basic controls are enough, giving it a wider spectrum of usability

You need the IIC++ bro.

Back
Top Bottom