Love 3.0 , but....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you goes (Used Al's FracTool as new Axe Edit won't read 2.05 and I can't find a download. Also attached my system backup file since uses global blocks

Current version of Axe-Edit does read 2.05 presets.

Last edited:
Probably just need to re-dial the amp, the circuit would be the same, just new tubes, start with master super low on 0.5 or something so you only get preamp at first, then slowly add master until it tickles the flub-zone, I bet it just starts to flub a little earlier with the new set of tubes, same amp.

Probably just need to re-dial the amp, the circuit would be the same, just new tubes, start with master super low on 0.5 or something so you only get preamp at first, then slowly add master until it tickles the flub-zone, I bet it just starts to flub a little earlier with the new set of tubes, same amp.
I think the issue is that the change was greater than what was expected.

I thought that's why it went from 2.x to 3.x... who moved my cheese??

I get that but it seems far more significant and would prefer not to go back and redial all the presets. That said, I know it's in good hands now and perhaps something quirky with my preset or settings but it seems a number of folks are in the same situation and knowing how best to adjust would be great. For now I'm trading that for the reverbs (and I want the reverbs!!!) :)

MM

I have gone through a number of my presets with 3.00 & have not seen any difference this drastic. One thing I have seen, if you use the optical or tube compressor, the new threshold control is set all the way down & causes a darker, distant sound. Bringing it back up to a useable setting makes a huge difference & brings the preset back to life. Just a thought as to what might be going on.

I have gone through a number of my presets with 3.00 & have not seen any difference this drastic. One thing I have seen, if you use the optical or tube compressor, the new threshold control is set all the way down & causes a darker, distant sound. Bringing it back up to a useable setting makes a huge difference & brings the preset back to life. Just a thought as to what might be going on.
There was a bigger difference in this release than in previous one. I kind of like it. Not sure if it seemed as big a difference in what witelite had in his recording. Has a big impact on the lows/mid-lows.

Compressor is off in that preset but I will look out for that. Thanks!

MM

Here you goes (Used Al's FracTool as new Axe Edit won't read 2.05 and I can't find a download. Also attached my system backup file since uses global blocks
The preset sounds correct (and it sounds bad). The reason it sounds bad is because you have quite a bit of Air in the Cab block with a non-zero delay on one of the IRs. This is causing comb filtering. Turn the Air off or remove that delay and it will sound correct.

I just updated a few minutes ago. No loss of bass on gainy patches here. Didn't have to reset anything. It's just tighter than before, and string separation is significantly improved.

The preset sounds correct (and it sounds bad). The reason it sounds bad is because you have quite a bit of Air in the Cab block with a non-zero delay on one of the IRs. This is causing comb filtering. Turn the Air off or remove that delay and it will sound correct.

Huge Difference! Thanks so much Cliff! I would have never figured that out and not sure why it was set that way. Interestingly it seems to be an either/or (I choose removing the delay as I thought it sounded better) as turning both off seems to have little effect. Out of curiosity, what changed that made 3.0 more sensitive to this ? (or probably more accurate :)_

....and send in the clowns. (Don't bother, they're here)

MM

Huge Difference! Thanks so much Cliff! I would have never figured that out and not sure why it was set that way. Interestingly it seems to be an either/or (I choose removing the delay as I thought it sounded better) as turning both off seems to have little effect. Out of curiosity, what changed that made 3.0 more sensitive to this ? (or probably more accurate :)_

....and send in the clowns. (Don't bother, they're here)

MM
There was a change to the Air stuff back in 2.04.

I've been tempted to remove Air or change it to a shelving filter because it causes problems like this, especially with non-minimum phase IRs.

I love these thread because i try to save hints of these issues in the back of my head incase i stumble across the same thing. Good learning. So many variables and options in there still amazed at this box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom