LOUDEST FRFR

shredsquatch

Inspired
If you've tried a few which one is the loudest?

I have the ASC-12 with my AX8 and it's loud and sounds great but doesn't blow me out of the room. I want something that can peel the paint off the walls if necessary.

Thoughts, ideas and snarky remarks are appreciated!!!

~ss

2000 watts is right at the limit... if they were 2500 I'd go deaf for sure!

Have you tried these?

~ss
I have not. My PA is a set of ELX115P speakers by EV and I like them a lot though, for the 4th of July I turned them all the way up and played the national anthem, Instant feedback 15 ft from the speakers with my back turned very fun!!!
These ETX35Ps are my dream PA that I want to buy at some point in the future.

Sometimes it’s easy to forget that a 4x12 cab has 4 speakers in it. Then we try to get that level out of 1 full range speaker. Try multiple speakers and it will get really loud :)
A SuperLead and a 4x12 = hearing loss for sure!!!

I've been thinking about 2 Yamaha DXR's 10's or the QSC K10's

I’ve have/had ASM-12, CLR, Matrix FR10, Xitone 1x12 and 2x8 and Yamaha DXR10. The Yamaha is easily louder than any of the others. All of them were loud enough for me though. The FR10 was the only one I had to push all the way up to work with my band (while still leaving a bit in all cases on the AxeFx/Ax8 dial).

If volume is a major concern, I would go with a pair of Yamaha DXR10/12’s.

I’ve have/had ASM-12, CLR, Matrix FR10, Xitone 1x12 and 2x8 and Yamaha DXR10. The Yamaha is easily louder than any of the others. All of them were loud enough for me though. The FR10 was the only one I had to push all the way up to work with my band (while still leaving a bit in all cases on the AxeFx/Ax8 dial).

If volume is a major concern, I would go with a pair of Yamaha DXR10/12’s.
Thanks, I was leaning to the DXR's.

Once again the ASC-12 is loud but I'd rather have them tell me to turn it down than turn it up.

I love this quote... pretty much sums it up for me.
"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." ~David Gilmour

Thanks, I was leaning to the DXR's.

Once again the ASC-12 is loud but I'd rather have them tell me to turn it down than turn it up.

I love this quote... pretty much sums it up for me.
"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." ~David Gilmour
I played on the road for years with stacks behind me and now using my CLR'S or my ASM's I'm getting some hearing damage. It might be the horns/tweeter in the FRFR arrangement. Be careful with your ears! It would suck to not be able to hear your guitar in the future.

I played on the road for years with stacks behind me and now using my CLR'S or my ASM's I'm getting some hearing damage. It might be the horns/tweeter in the FRFR arrangement. Be careful with your ears! It would suck to not be able to hear your guitar in the future.
WHAT?

Just kidding... yeah that would suck for sure.
~ss

Sometimes it’s easy to forget that a 4x12 cab has 4 speakers in it. Then we try to get that level out of 1 full range speaker. Try multiple speakers and it will get really loud :)
That single 12" woofer in your FRFR monitor has a lot more throw than a guitar speaker. The volume can approach or exceed that of a 4x12.

That single 12" woofer in your FRFR monitor has a lot more throw than a guitar speaker. The volume can approach or exceed that of a 4x12.
true, but there is something different about 4 speakers moving air - even with lower throw etc - than 1 really loud one. those looking to replace a 4x12 should at least try 2 or more powered speakers together. it's really nice, each one at a lower volume than one really loud one.

true, but there is something different about 4 speakers moving air - even with lower throw etc - than 1 really loud one. those looking to replace a 4x12 should at least try 2 or more powered speakers together. it's really nice, each one at a lower volume than one really loud one.
There's a lot that's different between a 4x12 and a full-range monitor. ;). But volume needn't be one of them. A single 12" speaker with four times the throw of a guitar speaker can move just as much air as 4 guitar speakers. But yes, there are other differences.

Back
Top Bottom