Louder After Adding and Removing a Block

Alex Kerezy

Inspired
Hi,
I was editing a scene using my Axe Edit, and I'm getting some strange results. Or so I think.... I added an effects block, played around with it a bit, but didn't like it, then I shunted it. Then I noticed the preset without the added block seemed LOUDER (pun intended) for some strange reason.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I didn't change anything in the other existing blocks - I just added a block, played around with it, and then shunted it to remove it.
Any thoughts. I've posted my versions of Axe Edit and the Axe Fx itself.

Thanks
Alex
AxEditVersion.png

AxFxIIIVersion.png

is it in a parallel row that reconnects to the main row? if so, you just added signal with that shunt. depending on the mix parameter of the block you removed, that could reduce the volume.

without detail of what you added, i can't tell.

Hi,
I was editing a scene using my Axe Edit, and I'm getting some strange results. Or so I think.... I added an effects block, played around with it a bit, but didn't like it, then I shunted it. Then I noticed the preset without the added block seemed LOUDER (pun intended) for some strange reason.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I didn't change anything in the other existing blocks - I just added a block, played around with it, and then shunted it to remove it.
Any thoughts. I've posted my versions of Axe Edit and the Axe Fx itself.

Thanks
Alex
View attachment 58433

View attachment 58434
Posting the before shunt/after shunt presets will probably get you better, more targeted, answers, but off the top of my head...

Was the block in a parallel row and now you’re doubling the input signal to the chain with the shunt? If the block was in series, did it have a reduced level parameter for some reason did it?

Back
Top Bottom