• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Bug? Loud Thump when switching from Hiwatt preset to Plexi or SVT...not all amp models

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
In making my forthcoming Bass TonePack, under FW 10.01 I have found than switching presets (not playing/no input) from a Hiwatt amp preset to certain other presets amps like a Plexi or Ampeg SVT I get a very loud THUMP in my speakers.

It happens from pedal board with no Ax8-Edit active, and also when switching from Ax8-edit. So it's not an Ax8-Edit issue.

It does not happen with all amps -- I can go from a Hiwatt to a Fender Bassman with no thump.

It would be inadvisable to gig with an AX8 if your set list required you switch presets from a Hiwatt to a Plexi or SVT in this way.

Not sure if we will ever get a firmware update beyond FW 10.01 but if we did, it would very nice to have this bug fixed in that.

Top Bottom