Loud Tap Tempo Button Click

RossE

Inspired
I played on the worship team this morning and had someone from the congregation tell me they heard me making a very noticeable clicking sound on my pedal before each song. Tap tempo using the F3 button was the culprit. I have Barefoot Buttons and they definitely increase the audible click. The click comes mostly from stop as the internal spring releases the button back to the top/out position. I tried it without the Barefoot Button and it is noticeably quieter. Also made a foam spacer/washer to put over the switch shaft between the Barefoot Button and the case. That made some improvement also.

Just wondering if others have experienced this and any ingenious ways you may have found to address it?

It's definitely louder with the barefoot buttons. I suspect it's because the force can come in at a more drastic angle. Nevertheless, you can still get the quieter sound if you angle your foot properly and push in the same plane as the button.

Connect a soft-click external button and assign Tap Tempo to it.

I thought about this after my post. I have a soft switch that will fit the bill. Just hate to have more external stuff to mess with. Probably the best option though. Thanks.

I played on the worship team this morning and had someone from the congregation tell me they heard me making a very noticeable clicking sound on my pedal before each song. Tap tempo using the F3 button was the culprit. I have Barefoot Buttons and they definitely increase the audible click. The click comes mostly from stop as the internal spring releases the button back to the top/out position. I tried it without the Barefoot Button and it is noticeably quieter. Also made a foam spacer/washer to put over the switch shaft between the Barefoot Button and the case. That made some improvement also.

Just wondering if others have experienced this and any ingenious ways you may have found to address it?
I'm in the same boat and just use different presets with the tempo already set per song.

Back
Top Bottom