Loud pop noise when switching between scenes

Docsoul

I'm new to the fractal universe. Today I created a scene for live use with my band. It contains high gain, lead, crunch and clean sounds. Everytime I switch from high gain, lead or crunch to the clean scene and back it makes a loud pop noise. Can anyone give me a hint to prevent this annoying pop noise or better delay explosion?

Cheers
Dan

I'm new to the fractal universe. Today I created a scene for live use with my band. It contains high gain, lead, crunch and clean sounds. Everytime I switch from high gain, lead or crunch to the clean scene and back it makes a loud pop noise. Can anyone give me a hint to prevent this annoying pop noise or better delay explosion?

Cheers
Dan

Attach the preset and we can have a look

^ What he said :)

There are quite a few ways this can happen, but it's probably just a little tweaking needed on settings/routings. Attach and folks can have a look and make suggestions.

Had this when I had the filter slope changing on the cab block going from X to Y; when I set them the same, it went away. But a preset would be helpful

Came across this thread searching for the same answer. File uploaded. I'll admit it covers a broad range of tones from very clean to very dirty but would love to hear what I should look for in the future to avoid the "squawk" between scene 4 to almost any other scene.

Attachments

• Astronauts Main.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 4
Came across this thread searching for the same answer. File uploaded. I'll admit it covers a broad range of tones from very clean to very dirty but would love to hear what I should look for in the future to avoid the "squawk" between scene 4 to almost any other scene.

It was coming from the 'X/Y' switching in the Delay block. One had a bypass type of 'Thru', and one was set to 'Mute Fx In'. But even when both are set to 'Mute Fx In' (which preserves the 'trails' when bypassed), there are still some artifacts due to the different models being used. The 'trails' of one are transferred over to the other where it's setting are used.

I copied the settings of the 'Y' state of the Delay 1 block and pasted them to Delay 2 'X'. Then set both block's bypass states to 'Mute Fx In'. Setup the scenes so that Delay 2 'X' is active where Delay 1 'Y' was previously. Both Delay blocks only use their 'X' states, so there is no interruption to their delay 'trails'...

There is also a small 'click' in scene 7 from the Chorus block switching 'X/Y' and activating at the same time. That block is set to 'X' and is off in all other scenes? Are you using the 'X' state? If not, set all of the scenes to the same state so that when it is activated, there will be no 'X/Y' artifacts.

Attachments

• Astronauts Main (Moke).syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 6
It was coming from the 'X/Y' switching in the Delay block. One had a bypass type of 'Thru', and one was set to 'Mute Fx In'. But even when both are set to 'Mute Fx In' (which preserves the 'trails' when bypassed), there are still some artifacts due to the different models being used. The 'trails' of one are transferred over to the other where it's setting are used.

I copied the settings of the 'Y' state of the Delay 1 block and pasted them to Delay 2 'X'. Then set both block's bypass states to 'Mute Fx In'. Setup the scenes so that Delay 2 'X' is active where Delay 1 'Y' was previously. Both Delay blocks only use their 'X' states, so there is no interruption to their delay 'trails'...

There is also a small 'click' in scene 7 from the Chorus block switching 'X/Y' and activating at the same time. That block is set to 'X' and is off in all other scenes? Are you using the 'X' state? If not, set all of the scenes to the same state so that when it is activated, there will be no 'X/Y' artifacts.

This is an EXCELLENT explanation Moke, THANKS
I’ll have to run through a few of my presets that pop or have artifacts, I wasn’t clear about how the interaction matters, but that just helped me to understand, thanks again brother.
YOU my friend are a Fractal WIZARD :D

Moke, Thank you so much for taking the time to look this over and make corrections! It works perfectly and I appreciate the explanation as well. I only use scenes 1-4 and have buttons 5-8 set up as stomp box on/offs and X/Y for delay, reverb, drive, and chorus. I only use 2 other presets if I need a clean or mild crunch boost, and another with flanger for 1 song only.

On a side note, I've been super impressed with the AX8! I've had the AxeFx II for 4 (5?) years and still use it as a backup but really consider selling it to get another AX8.

This is an EXCELLENT explanation Moke, THANKS
I’ll have to run through a few of my presets that pop or have artifacts, I wasn’t clear about how the interaction matters, but that just helped me to understand, thanks again brother.
YOU my friend are a Fractal WIZARD :D

Moke, Thank you so much for taking the time to look this over and make corrections! It works perfectly and I appreciate the explanation as well. I only use scenes 1-4 and have buttons 5-8 set up as stomp box on/offs and X/Y for delay, reverb, drive, and chorus. I only use 2 other presets if I need a clean or mild crunch boost, and another with flanger for 1 song only.

On a side note, I've been super impressed with the AX8! I've had the AxeFx II for 4 (5?) years and still use it as a backup but really consider selling it to get another AX8.

My pleasure gentlemen..:cool: 'X/Y' is awesome, but it has unavoidable issues sometimes. I have always gone way out of my way to avoid ''X/Y' whenever possible. Although It is much improved lately.

Moke is just awesome.

I wish I never sold mine when I got the AXE III. :) Wife won that fight.

Back
Top Bottom