Lots of feedback, need help!

IMO.

Not noise gate.

-Proximity (you're too close and/or the room is shoving all that back into your guitar)
-Guitar problems (my guitar was fine with a few amps, but until I wax potted the PUPS, I got the squeal.)
-Don't agree with 'too much gain'. The problem is your guitar...even high end guitars can have issues.

IMO.

I had a similar problem, even with a noise gate their was still the squeal and feedback. Turned out I had the levels to high in the axe fx. Fixed the problem. Oh yeah I was using high gain amp with a drive Block in front for metal.

oddly enough, i am also getting some non-musical feedback..
it usually sounds like "will ya keep it down? we're trying to sleep here!"

sorry.. couldn't help myself..
and it's been a heck of a week.

Also with the Axe Fx 2 you have more control over the post distortion eq and if you're boosting the frequencies from 4 kHz up in the graphic eq of the amp block it can cause feedback.
With a regular amp you only have Treble and Presence.
The presence knob is the only post distortion control( before the power amp) that you use with a regular amp.
Check the settings of the graphic eq on your amp block, if you're boosting any of the hi frequencies.

Seriously thank all of you guys for the advice, I dialed the overall output of the 6160 down to -7db which seemed to help and I've been just trying new things with the tone. I've got my rhythm channel pretty solid but when I switch to that same channel but a scene with reverb and delay the feedback gets crazy again.

I'll look into the EQ more once I get to the rehearsal space but thanks for all of the input guys (and gals?), you rule.

Back
Top Bottom