Lost some presets after downgrading FW 17 to 16,5

Hi

I have lost af lot of presets after going back to 16,5.

The 17 is not good: (obviously)

Lots of crackle when changing scenes
Higher CPU usage.
My Cleans sound on multi presets are way to saturated

NOW the problem is that i lost presets and i can't make the axe 3 mk2 see them. Blank presets is shown. But the name for them is still present in the Preset manager.

I have tried to import bank A from a backup (made in 17.04) but they are still missing.

I'm kind of frustrated.

That happens when a preset is saved on a more recent firmware than the one you’re running. Unfortunately the only way to roll back a firmware and keep presets that were saved on a higher firmware is to recreate them, either from memory or going back to 17, noting down every setting for each block and manually re-entering them in 16.5. It’s a pain but I can understand you wouldn’t want a preset with a feature exclusive to a higher firmware operating without it, for fear of borking the whole thing by it returning null or something.

Hi

I have lost af lot of presets after going back to 16,5.

The 17 is not good: (obviously)

Lots of crackle when changing scenes
Higher CPU usage.
My Cleans sound on multi presets are way to saturated

NOW the problem is that i lost presets and i can't make the axe 3 mk2 see them. Blank presets is shown. But the name for them is still present in the Preset manager.

I have tried to import bank A from a backup (made in 17.04) but they are still missing.

I'm kind of frustrated.
Did you make a backup of your presets before upgrading?

If you didn't, there is nothing you can do until you upgrade to the latest firmware, unless you exported them or kept snapshots

Last edited:
I have all my presets in zip and I export them all in a folder before updating .

The 17.00 works normally here now that axe edit is fixed.

The back up i have from 16,5 is to old. To many changes since ...

I was just getting used to the firmware only making things better. So i trusted it. I guess i learned it the hard way.

I guess i have to put 17 back on and wait for for a fix. BUT i DON'T like it...:rolleyes:

The back up i have from 16,5 is to old. To many changes since ...

I was just getting used to the firmware only making things better. So i trusted it. I guess i learned it the hard way.

I guess i have to put 17 back on and wait for for a fix. BUT i DON'T like it...:rolleyes:
There were no changes to the amp modeling. If you can provide an example preset that exhibits "lots of crackle when changing scenes" I can take a look and see if there's a problem. No one else has reported that problem.

When changing scenes i get pops and clicks. ( not consistent )

CPU flashes WARNING every second. (it didn't in16,5)

It was between 79-83% in 16,5.

Attachments

• Time of Life.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
I do not get pops and clicks here when changing scenes.

Scene 3 has high CPU use. Solved by changing one of the Reverbs from "Ultra-High" to "High" quality mode
Pops is only present when guitar is playing. And of course the big delay's and reverb makes it more noticeably.

No pops or crackles here when changing scenes while playing. However I'm using the forthcoming 17.01 which has lower CPU usage so it's probably that the pops/crackles are due to excessive CPU usage.
I'm gonna pass on 17 due to the extra CPU usage and go straight to 17.01. Any thoughts on when that will be ready?

Back
Top Bottom