Lost Not Forgotten

torkolort

Inspired
Figured I'd start learning this awesome song today. It's way too hard for me though, just barely learned the "easy" part so far...

Still working on the tone, but I think I'm in the right direction. Let me know what you think!

Cool! Love this song :D
Out of interest: What guitar did you use?

Oh and the part where you stopped.. seriously I can just never get that rhythm right, not even when air-guitar:ing. I just get brainfucked >.<

Search on youtube for the On The Backs Of Angels guitar stem, and then tonematch. It'll be the same rhythm tone as according to interviews he kept all the settings consistent across the record :)

sounds good... bit too much gain maybe.
I used the PVH6160 with drive at 5.5 and master at 3.7. I didn't use a drive pedal, but I put a multi-band compressor in as the first block. I have never used compressor on high gain patches before and I was just experimenting with it and kinda liked it. That's what causing too much gain I guess. Is it "wrong" to use compressors before high gain amps?

Cool! Love this song :D
Out of interest: What guitar did you use?

Oh and the part where you stopped.. seriously I can just never get that rhythm right, not even when air-guitar:ing. I just get brainfucked >.<
I used my JP6 with crunch lab and liquifire pickups. I very rarely play in D standard, and I didn't adjust the guitar after tuning down so the strings are a little sloppy. As for the part where I stopped, it's a reason I stopped...:)

Search on youtube for the On The Backs Of Angels guitar stem, and then tonematch. It'll be the same rhythm tone as according to interviews he kept all the settings consistent across the record :)
That's what I did...:) I used my On The Backs Of Angels tone matched patch, but I did some tweaking in the amp and added a highpass filter etc...

Here's the patch.

I noticed I had Saturation on. Turned it off and it sounds much better :)

Attachments

• Lost Not Forgotten.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 17
I'm very aware of what he's using, I've tried to replicate his tone forever, but I still can't get the Mark sims to sound that great yet. I've just started to experiment with other models and they are working out much better for me at the moment, they feel much more powerful. And with the tone match it sounds very alike anyways.

I'm very aware of what he's using, I've tried to replicate his tone forever, but I still can't get the Mark sims to sound that great yet. I've just started to experiment with other models and they are working out much better for me at the moment, they feel much more powerful. And with the tone match it sounds very alike anyways.

While I'm a big fan of the MK sims, this is an interesting point. Many, many users here, including me, have found that sometimes you can nail a tone dialing in a completely different setup from what the original guitarist used. It's sometimes very surprising. I've mimiced Marshall tones with Fender sims and vice versa, for example. Sometimes they feel a bit different but sound wise just work for someone specific for whatever reason.

Also, with high gains, the IR often ends up mattering more than the amp, something Cliff spoke to specifically in a post a while back that I am too lazy to find and link to. Now that tone matching is a feature, that is absolutely truer than ever.

Back
Top Bottom