Lost my S1 in the grid

Wildwind

Experienced
New to the AX8. I was trying to figure out how to do something and "deleted" S1. At least the label on the grid. I think it's still there. It removed from all 5 Scenes, though I was just working on S5. I was using the front panel controls.

How do I get it back? Reloading from PC didn't help. Cycling the unit didn't help. Deleting the preset and reloading didn't help. (That's when I learned all the Scenes was "missing" the S1 label.

What I was trying to do was figure out how to get to Scene 5 with my setup. I have the bottom buttons set up for Scenes and the 2nd row buttons set up for presets. Still not sure how to do that live but need to figure out in the next day or so.

Hopefully this is simple and only mildly boneheaded.

Best if possible to post the preset for troubleshooting. When you say S1 on the grid that doesn't make sense to me. Scenes aren't on the grid. The grid is your signal path (amp/cab/effects). Scenes are a "preset within a preset".

Sounds like you were on the footswitch page and changed the assigned footswitch to "nothing" if it went from showing S1 to a blank rectangle. Go to AX8 edit and click on the footswitch button and assign whatever switch you want back to scene 1.

Last edited:
Spin the C knob to change Scenes.

Look in the manual for Setting Up Footswitches. Or use the Footswitch tab in AX8-Edit.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Thanks everyone. I have much to learn. Problem solved easily. Need to hang with the manual and run the AX8 without the PC to learn it better.

But I'm still not sure how I did this. I wasn't in the footswitch page in Ax8-Edit - front panel. Finger fumbling. I'll save this for reference.

Best product support site ever!

Thanks everyone. I have much to learn. Problem solved easily. Need to hang with the manual and run the AX8 without the PC to learn it better.

But I'm still not sure how I did this. I wasn't in the footswitch page in Ax8-Edit - front panel. Finger fumbling. I'll save this for reference.

Best product support site ever!

Glad you got it...Tell you what the videos that are consolidated and stickied (sp?) at the beginning of the AX8 discussion are great for learning. Of course, the manual is great too, as Chris stated. Chris actually created many great videos himself...one of the first guys to do this.......

Back
Top Bottom