Lost former bandmate and always best friend :-(

Stratman68

Axe-Master
Craig Bowers - A long time friend whom I played in duo's, trio's and bands with for a long time lost his battle with "bad health". He and his wife have now both passed and I will miss them dearly. Learned so much from Craig-HIs aliments started to hurt his fabulous guitar playing and then finally weakened his voice.
But still, he played and sang, leading the band he was in the last 2 decades or so.
The song Into the Mystic defines Craig so much-T Here he is singing and playing guitar with his band. He is older here but his voice and soul are young and vibrant. rest in Peace my old friend
https://www.reverbnation.com/thejac...6cVJ9C7kDDASlPkHg1huJF29-7mlfrc2-Ko6Z96KxRHyk

Getting older has the benefit of being a survivor and still being around to enjoy new things added to the ever-growing list of old things.

But it has the downside of being around when more and more of one's contemporaries start dropping like flies.
Unfortunately I'm in that age group now where several of my old mates from both my working life and my musical life have gone, and while I enjoy the fact that I haven't, it still hurts when a long-time friend shuffles off the mortal coil.

So I can empathise with you on your loss - I wish i could say that as we get older we get more used to it. But we don't.

Just have to remember and cherish the good times from before the loss...

Craig Bowers - A long time friend whom I played in duo's, trio's and bands with for a long time lost his battle with "bad health". He and his wife have now both passed and I will miss them dearly. Learned so much from Craig-HIs aliments started to hurt his fabulous guitar playing and then finally weakened his voice.
But still, he played and sang, leading the band he was in the last 2 decades or so.
The song Into the Mystic defines Craig so much-T Here he is singing and playing guitar with his band. He is older here but his voice and soul are young and vibrant. rest in Peace my old friend
https://www.reverbnation.com/thejac...6cVJ9C7kDDASlPkHg1huJF29-7mlfrc2-Ko6Z96KxRHyk
Sorry to hear that you’ve lost a friend, but I’m happy to know you were blessed by knowing Craig, and that you shared some wonderful experiences that can help carry his memory with you beyond his life on Earth. He sounded really good doing ”Into The Mystic,” it’s a perfect song for today… and another blessing that you have that recording to take with you until you hear the foghorn for yourself.

Friendships are wonderful. RIP, Craig… sail on.

Doug Engman & Pat Higgins’s RIP

These two Band mates passed away this year and I still can’t believe they are gone. We played music for what seems like as long as I can remember.
Doug passed from Heart disease and Pat died from leukemia. Both this year I never thought these two would be gone so soon.
We played out on the beach in beer gardens and small clubs. And sometimes like at Zanzabar club even the bar tender would break out a saxophone and start playing with us so many good times had.
I miss my friends terribly and just find it so hard to believe they are both gone.

This getting older thing is hard and unfair as I’m sure many of you know from your own experiences.
I miss my friends every day.

Sincere condolences from me here, listening to the tracks and reminiscing,
My musician friend circle lost a cherished mentor during covid,
He was a inspired guitarist singer and a blessed individual that exited way too soon.
One of his remaining online links still works, Danny's Song

Back
Top Bottom