Lost audio out on my iMac

Sixstring

Legend!
Looking for either a fix or an alternative to get audio to my near fields from my iMac 24. I have gone through all of the obvious troubleshooting and have come to the conclusion that the jack is done. Whether the OP amp is toast or the jack itself is broken don't know all I have are the internal speakers. I have looked at the little USB to 1/8" audio converters and not really sure about those, any other suggestions?

Seems a bit over kill just to get audio from the computer but it's obviously a much better alternative to the little cheap audio converters, plus it gives me additional volume control opposed to going audio over USB to the Axe, thanks!

EDIT: Will it let me do that? USB Audio from the iMac to the interface then analog to my monitors?

Seems a bit over kill just to get audio from the computer but it's obviously a much better alternative to the little cheap audio converters, plus it gives me additional volume control opposed to going audio over USB to the Axe, thanks!

Yeah, I've never had good luck with those cheap USB to 1/8" audio devices. Lag, and low quality audio is usually a really big issue. If you're just listening to Youtube, probably OK, but for audio you plan on listening to while playing along, or want some decent audio quality, nope.

Will it let me do that? USB Audio from the iMac to the interface then analog to my monitors?

Yes.

Back
Top Bottom