Losing Tempo On Patch Change

Tonemaster

Inspired
I've found that when changing patches quickly with my GCP, the tempo set on the patch gets changed to something much slower. This does not appear to be an issue when using the dial. If I go slow and let the current patch "sit" for a few seconds before changing, no problem. But, if I click around quickly, this occassionally occurs. Very annoying since I have delays set to tempo. Anyone else experience this?

Hi

I don't experience it with My GCP,
does the tempo light blink slower as well or are the delays just slower?

I assume you have all your patches set to pick up the global tempo right? and also the same setting in terms of the tempo trigger, quarter notes eighth notes etc, cos that also has an effect. but it sounds like it's fine if you switch slowly so unlikely to be that right?

Also you don't accidentally have your patch change buttons set to affect tempo as well do you?

Worth a check anyway.

hope that helps

It must be the tap tempo CC being sent at each preset change. I think that can be disabled per IA switch on the GCP.

each time you hit a preset on a foot controller, it sends the state of each IA button you have set up. if one of them is a tap tempo button, then it sends a signal. just one patch change doesn't do anything, but if you change patches twice within a few seconds, it will register as the 2 taps needed to change the tempo and bam, you have a new tempo.

chrisallen8888 said:
each time you hit a preset on a foot controller, it sends the state of each IA button you have set up. if one of them is a tap tempo button, then it sends a signal. just one patch change doesn't do anything, but if you change patches twice within a few seconds, it will register as the 2 taps needed to change the tempo and bam, you have a new tempo.

Thanks to all for the replies. The "Tempo To Use" is set to Preset. The tempo light blinks at the (incorrect) slower rate. Crisallen8888, I believe you may be on to something here. Have you proved your theory by disabling the Tap Tempo? I do have an IA set to Tap Temp and I will check that out tonight.

Thanks all!

Tonemaster said:
chrisallen8888 said:

Thanks to all for the replies. The "Tempo To Use" is set to Preset. The tempo light blinks at the (incorrect) slower rate. Crisallen8888, I believe you may be on to something here. Have you proved your theory by disabling the Tap Tempo? I do have an IA set to Tap Temp and I will check that out tonight.

Thanks all!

Set your tempo to "global" and you have no more issue.

yes, i, as well as others, have confirmed this. if you take the tap tempo button off of your pedal board, this will not happen (for testing's sake).

either set the tempo as global, like scott suggested, or program that button not to be sent when the preset is changed, as bakerman suggested.

i actually use this to my advantage though, meaning my preset button also becomes my tap tempo if i really need to, but i need to be careful when changing patches overall.

Bakerman said:
I don't think choosing global would prevent what's happening. 2 or more preset changes rapidly enough would still set the tempo to something he doesn't want.

http://www.voodoolab.com/manuals/gcpro_manual.pdf

Pages 11-12 detail how to change whether an IA state is sent on preset change. You'd want "normal" instead of "xmit with preset".

That's a Voodoo Lab issue then, I've never had that happen here. Sorry for the ignorance.

Thanks for the help. I'll change the IA so it doesn't transmit on patch change.

This issue aside, setting the Axe to use the temp stored with the patch is the correct way to go isn't it? Just asking because I thought I understood the whole System Tempo/Global Tempo thing and didn't think that Global would give me what I want if I have tempos stored with patches. Is that correct?

Thanks

Right, if you want a specific tempo to load with that preset choose "preset". If you want it to use the most recent tempo you tapped, set to "global".

Back
Top Bottom