Losing my Mind! Global Settings

mediaguy

Been using my Ultra through a Matrix FR12. I decided to try the Ultra through my Marshall JCM 800 half stack.......anyway long story short........during that time I only messed with the cab and power amp under global settings. Now back to playing with the FR12 it sounds like crap and when I turn the power amp knob, no change in sound! What am I missing? And if it is not working anything I can do or do I have to ship to Fractal for repair :(

I get this buzzy harsh tone in my distorted or overdriven patches

Just to be sure...double check that both the "Power Amp", and "Cab" simulations are both turned on in the global menu and not set to "Bypassed" after you have turned the Axe-Fx on. Also make sure that the "Sag" control is not set to zero in the preset as this also defeats the "Power Amp" simulation.

Power amp and cab is on. SO 2 of my patches the SAG is off. But if I turn it on to the lowest setting my speaker pops. I did a restore of a backup and the sag was off in those. I don't think that's it.

Also check that you are not "clipping" the output stage with too high a signal level (use the level meters if necessary), I'm sure that you would have also checked that the cab block(s) in the gain presets are not bypassed, but try turning the cab bypass in the preset on and off and see if the tone changes. (With a high gain preset the change should be massively noticeable if you are running FR speakers, becoming a buzzy fizzy mess with the cab disabled). I presume that you are using the in built factory cabs, and if not change the cab to something like the 4x12 JM2000 factory cab, and make sure that the "air" setting is all the way off. Also make sure that you haven't got a parallel connection in the layout grid that goes from input to output without going through a cab block.
Try building a new simple patch from scratch which just contains an amp (overdriven one such as the "HBE" amp) with a factory cab and try that.
If you were using User cabs, which were working before ok, then re-send them to the User slots you were using.

Appreciate the response. When I plugged the Ulta into another amp, the only changes i made were to the Global Amp and Cab settings. I restored my patches last night and no change. I'm about to pack this thing up and sell it.

My speaker is popping when I'm playing not turning it on.

BUT I JUST FOUND SOMETHING..............if I engage the tuner.......the tuner works but I can still hear the guitar coming through the powered speaker......that has always cut the signal before. WHAT AM I MISSING (and I'm sure this is dumb)

My speaker is popping when I'm playing not turning it on.
Post a clip.

BUT I JUST FOUND SOMETHING..............if I engage the tuner.......the tuner works but I can still hear the guitar coming through the powered speaker......that has always cut the signal before. WHAT AM I MISSING (and I'm sure this is dumb)
That's a setting in the tuner. You can change it back if you don't want it that way.

Back
Top Bottom