Looper

I never use the looper but recently I've tried to use it to create something to practice improvising to.
I have no problem creating the loop but after I do and try to play along to it everything sounds horrible.

I tried this with a loop pedal with the same results.
Any ideas to make it better

No ideas because “sounds horrible” doesn’t tell us what’s happening.

We need a recording, a preset file, or more descriptive words.

So far you’ve told us “Guys my car isn’t working right, what’s the issue?”

The looped signal sounds weak and flubby as well as the signal of the part i'm playing over it.
I'm not blaming the FX8. As I said i have tried it with a pedal as well and got the same results
I'm wondering if I need to put the looped signal through a different amp.

The looped signal sounds weak and flubby as well as the signal of the part i'm playing over it.
I'm not blaming the FX8. As I said i have tried it with a pedal as well and got the same results
I'm wondering if I need to put the looped signal through a different amp.
Adjust the placement of the looper. Read the manual for details.

I changed the placement of the loop and changed the level and the mix and I got it to where the "recorded" signal sounds good but when I play along with it my "live signal" seems to make the recorded signal drop out. Sounds almost like the live signal is interrupting the recorded signal. If I turn the recorded signal up then I can't hear what I'm playing

The only place a looper has worked for me is to at the very end of the chain- OUT (PRE) if not using the 4CM, OUT (POST) if using the 4CM.
I never had to make any adjustments to the looper level itself, just made sure to have the recorded part at a level or tone that would "sit in a mix" and not overpower or compete with what was played over it. Can't really use the same tone/level for both the loop and live playing and expect to hear everything.

I changed the placement of the loop and changed the level and the mix and I got it to where the "recorded" signal sounds good but when I play along with it my "live signal" seems to make the recorded signal drop out. Sounds almost like the live signal is interrupting the recorded signal. If I turn the recorded signal up then I can't hear what I'm playing

Did you find a solution to this? I'm having a similar issue and suspect its a levels issue, but Im not sure what Mix and Level do to overcome this, they seem to do similar tasks.

No , I didnt

Thanks for update. The best setting Ive found is to keep level at 0bd and set mix level to about 25% (for a post out looper position)- but mix level for the GLOBAL looper is on a PER PRESET level! That's rubbish, so I'll check if Al's Fractool can set a per preset looper mix level.

Back
Top Bottom