Looper Volume?

I may have just missed this, but.....

How do I control the volume of the Looper?
I am using a volume knob in Expression 2 that controls the output of the Loop. It has no effect on the Looper, because I have Looper set to "Post Loop."

My Loop, when playing back is way louder than my live guitar signal.
Surely it's gotta be something easy that I missed.
I don't want the Looper Pre Loop, because then I lose the ability to record a clean loop and play distorted over it if I change Scenes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am using a volume knob in Expression 2 that controls the output of the Loop.
It controls the Post Out Volume.
oh, so the first statement i quoted is wrong then? you have nothing controlling the output of the Loop?

and thus the problem you have is when you record a loop, then turn down that Post Out Volume knob, the live guitar gets softer, but the loop level stays the same?

That's kind of what I was thinking.
Is there a way to assign the Looper output to the same knob?
Is there a way to control the Looper output at all?

The knob controlling the Post Out is a life saver. I can crank my amp and still use it with reasonably low volume by turning the knob down.

yes, you can adjust the Level parameter on the Mix page of the Looper. it's the same Level parameter you would find in any block. note that it's different than the Mix knob, which might seem to affect volume too, but it's balancing the ratio of live guitar vs loop. curious - what is your Mix value set to currently?

in the I/O menu, you could set Pedal 2 (the knob you mentioned earlier) to any of the External Controllers in addition to the Post Volume it's already set to. then assign that External Controller as the Source of a Modifier you attach to the Looper Level parameter.

VERY IMPORTANT - if you do this, you will want to adjust the Max setting in that Modifier screen to something less than the default +20dB - perhaps 0 is a good starting point. then you'll want to adjust it further after using the knob to change both Post Out and Looper Level at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom