Looper tone between presets

Intheband

Inspired
Is the looper recorded track limited to the new amp setting on a lead preset? Or should it carry over? I have two presets on the looper page, one clean, the other lead distortion. I record the basic clean on the looper, then switch to the lead preset over the top. The clean on the lead preset is not the same as what I recorded with the clean channel. I can switch between the original clean sound, then switch over to the lead preset , not play anything, and there is a big difference in tone being played by the looper for the clean tone. Shouldn’t it be a true recording played back?

Ok, so I have the looper at the beginning of the clean that captures all the delays rev etc. it’s at the end of the chain on the lead channel. (Tried the front but got the distortion. Ok, so now I guess I will have to build two identical presets with all the blocks for each preset to get this to work right. But that won’t work either if blocks are deselected. How would I go from clean, then lead and still have a pure clean on the play back on the lead preset?

Ok, so I have the looper at the beginning of the clean that captures all the delays rev etc. it’s at the end of the chain on the lead channel. (Tried the front but got the distortion. Ok, so now I guess I will have to build two identical presets with all the blocks for each preset to get this to work right. But that won’t work either if blocks are deselected. How would I go from clean, then lead and still have a pure clean on the play back on the lead preset?
I would just move the looper to the end in the clean preset....that’s what I do anyway.

In the first preset you are recording the direct guitar sound. The amp is after the looper so the amp tone is not recorded at all.

Going to the lead preset, then you only hear the direct guitar tone since it isn’t going to any other blocks.

Place the Looper block last in both presets. The looper records what is before it.

Ok, I don’t know what it is with me and the looper. I have a clean and lead preset set up on the looper layout. Both presets have the looper at the end of the signal chain. I record a clean tone, press play, then switch to the lead preset.......my recording of the clean channel is now distorted on the lead channel. I thought I should have a “recording” in clean and be able to switch over. What am I missing...again?

Ok, I don’t know what it is with me and the looper. I have a clean and lead preset set up on the looper layout. Both presets have the looper at the end of the signal chain. I record a clean tone, press play, then switch to the lead preset.......my recording of the clean channel is now distorted on the lead channel. I thought I should have a “recording” in clean and be able to switch over. What am I missing...again?
Show your preset.

Same as above but with looper last for clean tone.

ps....except they are both the new presets

Last edited:
If you look at the third picture down of the FC. I am selecting the “clean” preset. Then I press the record button on the looper. Then I press play. I want to solo over the top of the clean loop and so select the Gimour preset. The clean looper recording reverts to the new Gilmour setting as a distorted sound.

That sounds like the looper isn't the last block in the Gilmour preset.

Did you check if it's really selecting that same Mr. Gilmour Lead preset shown above, as opposed to a different preset number (possibly with same name) that has other blocks after the looper?

Wow, think I found it. For some reason the clean output level was going to max red in the Gilmour preset. Not sure how that happened but output one was on max! Ok. All is good now. Sorry for the trouble.

Back
Top Bottom