Looper Timing Issues

Axe3 with FM6. Has anyone else had issues with foot switch timing while using the looper? I haven't been able to record a clean loop with the axe, but I can easily do it with my ditto looper. I have tried with quantization on and off.
No matter what I do I get a "glitch" when the loop repeats. Even when using the metronome to be sure my timing is right. It's not terrible but noticeable enough to ruin the loop flow. Any suggestions?

I too have issues to get a clean loop
Was thinking it must be me
Chris, can you share your settings for the looper?
Thanks

on the FC6 switches. you can assign Record and Play functions. on all switches you can have a Tap function and a Hold function.

make sure there is no Hold function on the switches for the Record and Play functions.
Apologies if I'm just being dense, but here are my current settings of the looper and the FC. Where do I verify the Tap/Hold?

Attachments

• FC layout.JPG
    FC layout.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Looper 1.JPG
    Looper 1.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 45
  • Looper 2.JPG
    Looper 2.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 43
Apologies if I'm just being dense, but here are my current settings of the looper and the FC. Where do I verify the Tap/Hold?
in your first picture "FC layout", you show a switch assignment.

on the bottom, where you assign the function by clicking and selecting, you'll see the words Tap on the left side, and Hold on the right side. the Hold function says "None" so that means the Hold function does not have anything assigned. this is good for the Looper.

you can also see in the graphic of the switches above that, the word Record appears on the upper box - this is the Tap function. just below that, the lower box is blank, showing as well there is no Hold function assigned.

I was having this same issue. Good to know. I am also having a similar issue with the tap tempo. I assume a hold for the tuner on the same button is to blame as well? I’ll try it tomorrow. This forum rocks.

I was having this same issue. Good to know. I am also having a similar issue with the tap tempo. I assume a hold for the tuner on the same button is to blame as well? I’ll try it tomorrow. This forum rocks.
Yes

If you're trying to have more accurate tap tempo, take any hold functions off that switch. If you have a hold function, the tap tempo reads the tap on the "up" of the switch rather than the "down" (when there's no hold function)

Edit: this is not accurate. Read post #14

Last edited:
Also make sure to keep an eye on your CPU usage for the preset you are using. Sometimes that can make your loop go wonky.

If you're trying to have more accurate tap tempo, take any hold functions off that switch. If you have a hold function, the tap tempo reads the tap on the "up" of the switch rather than the "down" (when there's no hold function)
I'd need @BryantP to comment, but If I recall correctly, the above is not true. Instead, Tap Tempo records a time stamp of the switch down event, and then refers back to it once the determination has been made that the hold function was not triggered.

I'd need @BryantP to comment, but If I recall correctly, the above is not true. Instead, Tap Tempo records a time stamp of the switch down event, and then refers back to it once the determination has been made that the hold function was not triggered.
What @Admin M@ said is correct. The tempo will be timed on the down action of the switch, regardless of a hold function or not.

For tap tempo I prefer using “Last two” taps vs “Average” in the Setup menu (Sorry I don’t remember where it is in there). It’s a bit more accurate for me.

Correct. It's explained in the manual in Tap & Hold Functions: The Rules of Switch Timing (page 14).
I actually found with the looper on the FM9, although, if you have a hold / secondary function assigned to the RECORD switch your loop will not loop correctly. Not sure if the OP is having this issue as well. I have not tested this one the A3 - drove me nuts for a long time thinking my timing was off...can this get changed?

I actually found with the looper on the FM9, although, if you have a hold / secondary function assigned to the RECORD switch your loop will not loop correctly. Not sure if the OP is having this issue as well. I have not tested this one the A3 - drove me nuts for a long time thinking my timing was off...can this get changed?
Is there a specific thread for this for FM9?

Back
Top Bottom