Looper Setup with FAMC LF+

AZG

Experienced
I setup a looper page on my LF+ JR+ and kind of have it working. But far from idealy. It's rather confusing how to get everything working logically. Has anyone figured out how to get the looper fully functional with the LF+?

Beg Jeff to implement a looper mode. I've been asking for a long time. More people need to ask so I'm not the lone voice of reason, LOL! Seriously, please ask him to figure this out. It would be ideal if you could sync looper controls like you can the other effect bypass and x/y states. Until it syncs these states it will never function ideally. Ideal operation relies on knowing when the loop is finished (e.g. ONCE should trigger PLAY for the length of the loop and then PLAY should end automatically.)

Beg Jeff to implement a looper mode. I've been asking for a long time. More people need to ask so I'm not the lone voice of reason, LOL! Seriously, please ask him to figure this out. It would be ideal if you could sync looper controls like you can the other effect bypass and x/y states. Until it syncs these states it will never function ideally. Ideal operation relies on knowing when the loop is finished (e.g. ONCE should trigger PLAY for the length of the loop and then PLAY should end automatically.)

I added a request, but I won't be holding my breath for it to happen based on my experience with the company.

In the meantime, any suggestions on how to get the looper to work as good as possible giving the current situation?

First thing to do is group REC and Play buttons. Otherwise it gets unpredictable.It works fine after you group them.

First thing to do is group REC and Play buttons. Otherwise it gets unpredictable.It works fine after you group them.

Thanks for the info. How do you have all the looper buttons set up? Do you have On and Bypass commands set up? What about on/off colors so you can tell what is currently triggered?

I'm no fan of their customer service, but if Jeff makes up his mind to do this he's certainly capable. I'll work on my looper controls tonight and report back what I come up with. I was halted on my setup by a bug with 3.28, but since 3.29 fixed things I've been slowly getting it together. I'm digging how my scenes are working. Looper is on the list.

Thanks for the info. How do you have all the looper buttons set up? Do you have On and Bypass commands set up? What about on/off colors so you can tell what is currently triggered?

I don't remember what states the IAs are in, but i guess they are Off initially. They are basically toggle IAs (on/off). I set up my looper buttons to be white color in all states , that way buttons do not confuse me.

I don't remember what states the IAs are in, but i guess they are Off initially. They are basically toggle IAs (on/off). I set up my looper buttons to be white color in all states , that way buttons do not confuse me.

It would great if you could show how you have yours setup, because mine is really squirrelly and i'm not sure what to change to get it to work.

Ok this is how I have my looper setup:

on the axe-fx
cc 51 REC
cc 52 PLAY
cc 53 ONCE
cc 54 DUB
cc 55 REV
cc 56 HALF
cc 57 UNDO
cc 58 METRONOME

cc 06 external 6 looper mix

on the MIX level of the LOOPER block I have a modifier attached to external 6 (CC6) with damping on max (1000ms)

LOOPER block is always engaged. I control it with the mix. The great advantage is that stopping will make it fade out instead of a direct stop. Unfortunally starting will make it fade in.
threshold is ON.

LF+
now on the LF+ side. I give all my looper knobs red dimmed as OFF and red bright as ON, so I can visually see the looper knobs.
I don't use groups.

my IA-slots:

IA30 REC
ON: CC51 - 127
OFF: CC51 - 0
IA ON TRIG 35
IA OFF TRIG 36
(when stopping the record, play will be started (35) and metronome will be stopped (36).)

IA31 DUB
ON: CC54 - 127
OFF: CC54 - 0

IA32 UNDO
switch-type: QUICK-TAP
ON: CC57 - 127

IA33 REVERSE
ON: CC55 - 127
OFF: CC55 - 0

IA34 HALF
ON: CC56 - 127
OFF: CC56 - 0

IA35 ON/OFF
ON: CC6 - 127
OFF: CC6 - 0

IA36 METRONOME
ON: CC58 - 127
OFF: CC58 - 0

I hope this helps you a bit.

Here's a reponse from FAMC customer support regarding looper mode:

"What possible issues with looper mode? There really isn't that much too it:

Group Record/Play/once together. Each are stomp type. Program just the ON messages of each.

Or you could make record a momentary switch and place the record command in the ON, and the play in the OFF. Though this may not work depending on your usage.

Not sure what else the issue could be. We can probably get Jeff to do a video, but it would be a short one.

Let us know your particular issue?! I believe the new wizard AxeII feature automatically programs this exact thing. Load the editor, and don't connect to the LF. Run the wizard. And look at the IA-Slots to see how the looper is programmed. Use that as a reference."

Jeff is a good guy, and even added stuff for me on the older UNSUPPORTED products... He's just busy.. looks like voes solution should work... just not an out of the box experience.

Back
Top Bottom