Looper Settings Help Needed (FC-12)

Alex Kerezy

Inspired
Hi,
I'm coming from a large pedal board setup where I had an EHX 720 stereo looper. See the picture
This EHX 720 worked like this: You press and held to record, and as soon as you lifted up off the foot switch you were holding - TWO THINGS happened, the recording stopped and it started to play the recording.

I'd like to mimic this method of starting and stopping the recording, and then automatically starting to play the recording without extra foot presses ------ any thoughts?

There's a press and hold option in the foot switch setup, but there's way (that I know of) to trigger a command when the foot switch that was held down is released.

I was hoping to avoid having to press two foot switches together with one foot press, so to speak, if possible.

Thanks!!
How2Loop.jpg

I don't think that's possible... But I believe there are 2 ways you can make the Record button work. The way it worked on the Axe Fx II, recording would start when you pressed Record and recording would stop and playback would begin when you pressed Record again OR you pressed Play.

I think the first method can be done with the Axe Fx III... But I've not tried controlling the Looper with the FC-12 yet.

“Stop loop and start play on switch release” is not a feature of the Axe-Fx III. That is very unique. I haven’t seen that on any other looper.

Closest would be to tap Rec then tap Rec again, with the option set to Rec 2nd Press = Play.

Most people prefer the more precise action of pressing, rather than releasing.

I personally prefer Rec 2nd Tap = stop so I can stop if I mess up, or save a loop for later without it playing right then. This means I move my foot from Rec to Play to make loops, but I can do it without looking no prob after a bit of practice.

Back
Top Bottom