Wish Looper requests

simeon

Axe-Master
been messing with the looper today. love the UI in axe edit.

just a couple of requests (no idea if they're possible or not)

it would be nice to have the option to let the loop decay while you're in play mode. the workaround is to have the looper in a side chain with a volume block in front, so you can stop feeding the looper audio while it's still in overdub, but it would be nice to have the option within the looper itself. maybe a switch to decay in play at the same rate as the overdub level

i would also love love love to be able to attach the controls to internal modifiers. to automatically record and play chunks of audio, reverse them, half speed them etc using the sequencer or lfo's. that would be awesome.

oh, and the trims!

i would also love love love to be able to attach the controls to internal modifiers. to automatically record and play chunks of audio, reverse them, half speed them etc using the sequencer or lfo's. that would be awesome.

+1000 for this ! To be able to attach a modifier to the play/rec buttons would also allow us to control the looper state on scene change with a scene controller.

+1000 for this ! To be able to attach a modifier to the play/rec buttons would also allow us to control the looper state on scene change with a scene controller.

oh yeah, that's actually a useful reason to have it! (as opposed to my experimental nonsense)

something to chew on

imagine you make a loop and you leave it in overdub with about 60% overdub level. you've basically got a delay with a user definable length that you tap in with your foot.

now imagine you set the start and end trim very close together, so you're just playing a small slice of the loop

now imagine you tie the start and end trim to the same random lfo

you've got the beginnings of a granular delay

now imagine if instead of having to tap in the start and end points of the loop, you just set it like a normal delay and instead of using the trims, you have a user definable length for the "play head" (modifiable, of course) and instead of having one play head, you can have up to 40 of them, with the ability to alter the attack and delay of the play heads, the duration of each "play" and also the speed (pitch) of the playback. the heads can move randomly, or forward, or reverse.

yeah, it would suck cpu like a baby from a mother's teat, but it would be a full fledged granular delay effect. and that would be awesome.

something to chew on

imagine you make a loop and you leave it in overdub with about 60% overdub level. you've basically got a delay with a user definable length that you tap in with your foot.

now imagine you set the start and end trim very close together, so you're just playing a small slice of the loop

now imagine if instead of having to tap in the start and end points of the loop, you just set it like a normal delay and instead of using the trims, you have a user definable length for the "play head" (modifiable, of course) and instead of having one play head, you can have up to 40 of them, with the ability to alter the attack and delay of the play heads, the duration of each "play" and also the speed (pitch) of the playback. the heads can move randomly, or forward, or reverse.

yeah, it would suck cpu like a baby from a mother's teat, but it would be a full fledged granular delay effect. and that would be awesome.

Now we're talking!

Yes I do this all the time.

I am all in for improving the looper.
The functionality of the looper hasn't changed in a long time even long before when the III wasn't there yet. I don't think it has changed from the Axe fx II to III? So I guess this doesn't have priority for Fractal.

Yes I do this all the time.

I am all in for improving the looper.
The functionality of the looper hasn't changed in a long time even long before when the III wasn't there yet. I don't think it has changed from the Axe fx II to III? So I guess this doesn't have priority for Fractal.
The Looper on the Axe Fx III is not the same... Similar in some regards.

So what is new exactly in the Looper in the Axe fx III?
Sorry... Been on a ship for the last week.

The time limit is considerably longer, it can trim both the start and end of the loop, the various control switches for Looper function differently (or optionally, now, as I think there were some mods and it's been a while since I had a II), etc.

something to chew on

Your beautiful mind scares me!

Last edited:
Sorry... Been on a ship for the last week.

The time limit is considerably longer, it can trim both the start and end of the loop, the various control switches for Looper function differently (or optionally, now, as I think there were some mods and it's been a while since I had a II), etc.

So only looper time changed? I think there are not any real new functions in the looper compared to the II. Can't find any in the III manual. Maybe they added some new stuff with a later update that I don't know off?

Back
Top Bottom