Wish Looper Record triggered by scene change

54321pj

Inspired
Can we have the possibility to start record by a scene change please. (then when you change scenes the record function is automatically stopped or similar)

I imagine it working in such a way that for eg I would want the record function to initiate when Scene 3 is selected, then playback when scene 1 is selected.

Any good quality midi foot control should be able to do this easily. Maybe look into a liquid foot, roctron, gordius, etc.

Last edited:
Can the Scene change/load at the exact same time the loop starts recording though?

Good question, could very well be glitchy, or not? I'll give it a shot tomorrow and post results.

Last edited:
UPDATE: Works great with my Gordius. I'm sure it would work with any other controller too.
The Gordius controllers are pretty advanced, programming-wise. Probably the Liquid Foot and RJM could do the same.

The Rocktron can not even do scenes properly, so I think that one is out.

The MFC could also most likely do it.

The problem is, then you have this behavior "globally" on your foot controller when you maybe want it for one or two songs.

What the OP is asking for allows it to work on a per-preset basis...

That's where the Gordius shines. You can rearrange your switches per song, preset, whatever you want. You can even rearrange switches mid song if needed. Pretty wild. I truly hope Xavier at Gordius keeps it going. Massively underutilized and underrated controller.

That's where the Gordius shines. You can rearrange your switches per song, preset, whatever you want. You can even rearrange switches mid song if needed. Pretty wild. I truly hope Xavier at Gordius keeps it going. Massively underutilized and underrated controller.
Yep... I had a Big Little Giant.

I used macros, variables and other cool stuff he has implemented. I used a button the reassign my controller pedal for Wah or Whammy.

Brilliant for that type of thing.

However, for my workflow, I prefer the bi-directional communication of the MFC.

I have been hoping for all of the 'transport' functions to be open to modifiers (including Scene Controllers/Control Switches). The 'Play' command already is for the Axe-Fx II and AX8?

Any good quality midi foot control should be able to do this easily. Maybe look into a liquid foot, roctron, gordius, etc.

Yes, but any other foot controller would have to be connected via a crappy MIDI cable(s) - there's no such thing as a high quality DIN5 jack. The cables suck, too, mostly. They also have limited length, are subject to ground loops, etc. - there are legitimate reasons why FASLink was introduced, after all.

That's what I was thinking, @Moke. Maybe modifiers can be added to the Looper functions: Record/Play/etc. If so, Scene Controllers would presumably work for this. There are some other cool application, like glitch machines, etc.

+1 for this wish.
Otherwise here is a workaround that I use:
I route physically the midi out of the axe fx to the midi in of the axe fx (you might need to use a midi merger so that you can still control your axe, I hope to get rid of the merger once I get a FC). This allow you to send midi command from the axe to the axe by a scene change using the midi block. Be careful though not to send wrong messages or this could cause a midi loop.
This is super powerful, because it basically also allow you to have all the external controllers changed on a scene change.

I made a wish a long time ago about being able to route the messages from the midi block directly within the axe without making the external hardware connection here :
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/use-scene-midi-block-to-transmit-internal-messages.140436/

Last edited:
That's what I was thinking, @Moke. Maybe modifiers can be added to the Looper functions: Record/Play/etc. If so, Scene Controllers would presumably work for this. There are some other cool application, like glitch machines, etc.
If we only knew someone that worked there and could help get this done.... ;):cool::p:D:D

@vangrieg If you ever need to use midi cables in the future, I suggest learning to make your own with a high quality cable from Canare, Mogami, or another quality cable manufacturer. It can be purchased in bulk. Cable jacks from Switchcraft or Neutrik have been fine. Use them every night on tour. That being said, a Weller soldering station doesn't hurt either. Yes to FASink.

@Adam Joyce soldering by myself is absolutely the surest way to make the worst cable possible. Tried many times, tested and proven, unfortunately. This kind of stuff isn’t my thing at all.

Back
Top Bottom