Not a Bug Looper question

gdgross

Experienced
Hi guys, some strange behavior on the looper.

Got a metronone out of out2, and have the looper quantize ON. However, when i stop the loop, and restart it later, as close as I can press the button, it doesn't seem to be in sync with the metronome. Is this because the quantize function pushes it to the next tick? ie, i'd need to stomp the play button no more than1 tick earlier to get it to play in sync with the metronome?

Also, strangely the metronome output seems to be present on presets that have no output 2 block, but i suppose that's merely strange and nothing to worry about.

I'm on v1.03, perhaps it's time to update...

Thanks!

The trick to playing with a looper is to start and stop it on the beat. Right on the beat, with no exceptions. Fight the urge to punch in a fraction of a second early to "make sure you get everything." Fight the urge to punch out a fraction of a second late for the same reason. Stomp. It. On. The. Beat. — Mercilessly. You'll get better results.

There is a thread about the hold function on the switches affecting when the actual triggering happens. Maybe that's what's causing your lag also.

The trick to playing with a looper is to start and stop it on the beat. Right on the beat, with no exceptions. Fight the urge to punch in a fraction of a second early to "make sure you get everything." Fight the urge to punch out a fraction of a second late for the same reason. Stomp. It. On. The. Beat. — Mercilessly. You'll get better results.
yeah, recording the loop is fine though. it's perfectly in sync with the click for as long as i let it go. It's when i stop the loop and restart that it seems to get out of sync. I admit that I'm new-ish to looping, but I'm stomping on "play" as one the beat as i can.

There is a thread about the hold function on the switches affecting when the actual triggering happens. Maybe that's what's causing your lag also.
ah could be it... maybe I need to reassign the play button to something without a hold, since it has to wait to see if I'm pressing long enough for the second function...

Back
Top Bottom