Looper Question

diezel013

Inspired
Hello everyone... I’m really pleased with my Axe Fx III unit... controlling it with my Ground Control Pro... I played around with assigning the looper record, play and stop controls to the Footswitch but it’s a lot of tap dancing and not very musical in this way.

Has anyone had any luck with finding a single Footswitch to control the looper? I reckon I maybe better off just getting a TC Ditto or something but if it were possible I’d love to use the looper on the Axe Fx.

Secondly, I love the wah’s included in the unit... Particularly the Clyde, but I notice that there is some inconsistency depending on what amp it’s running through and such, particularly on clean’s. I do notice that the level out of the wah makes a big difference, so maybe I need to tweak more.

I’ve thought of just getting a Wah pedal and dedicating my EV pedal for expression only... I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts as to how an external wah wah pedal translates into the unit vs. using the built in wah’s.

Cheers everybody!!!

There are several downsides to using a wah pedal instead of one of the models in the unit. For one: routing. You will either have to run it in front of the input or in an effects loop. If you run it in front of the input then you are always coloring the signal and you are stuck with only having it as the first effect in your signal chain. If you put a wah in the loop then you will be able to switch it out, move it to anywhere you want in the signal chain from preset to preset, but you will have to run two cables to the pedal.

Second, you will be stuck with only one type of wah sound. I imagine that the variability of how a wah sounds from amp model to amp model is a reflection of how a wah pedal would behave with different amplifiers. With only one wah pedal you will not be able to tune the sound of the effect to suit your preset nearly as easily as you would be able to do with the models in the AxeFx.

My suggestion: get another EV pedal so you can have wah and expression in the same preset simultaneously.

There are several downsides to using a wah pedal instead of one of the models in the unit. For one: routing. You will either have to run it in front of the input or in an effects loop. If you run it in front of the input then you are always coloring the signal and you are stuck with only having it as the first effect in your signal chain. If you put a wah in the loop then you will be able to switch it out, move it to anywhere you want in the signal chain from preset to preset, but you will have to run two cables to the pedal.

Second, you will be stuck with only one type of wah sound. I imagine that the variability of how a wah sounds from amp model to amp model is a reflection of how a wah pedal would behave with different amplifiers. With only one wah pedal you will not be able to tune the sound of the effect to suit your preset nearly as easily as you would be able to do with the models in the AxeFx.

My suggestion: get another EV pedal so you can have wah and expression in the same preset simultaneously.

Thanks for your feedback 😊

Back
Top Bottom