Looper quantize messing up when switching scenes

Elijah

So I've been having this problem lately where basically, if I set up a loop it will work fine on playback and sync up to the beat/metronome like it's supposed to, however when I go switch to a different scene it will slowly go out of sync with the beat until it is all sloppy and messed up. It happens gradually and sometimes can take a while but it's very confusing when it starts slipping off the beat. I don't know why it does this. Anyone have any ideas? It makes the quantize function almost useless for me at the moment if I want to loop a clean and then play a dirty over top (or vice versa).

I have the metronome set to global at 140. Thanks in advance, I'd really like to sort this out.

I have no idea. I use looper quantize but never use scenes when doing that. But I think there might be some latency/gabs when switching scenes. Did you put Axe Edit on pause?

What I have noticed though is that there are glitches/rumble noises when using looper quantize. When using looper quantize and using overdub then I have some noises when I play over the loop, especially with long notes. The way I use it is: I set quantize and set dub on 70%. Then I make an empty loop and press overdub and leave overdub on all the time. Then I start playing. So I use it like a long delay. Usually I put a synced delay before the looper block.

These glitches are very annoying and distracting. That's why I stopped using the looper block altogether which is a pity. Did you notice those noises in quantize mode too? or anyone else?

Last edited:
These glitches are very annoying and distracting. That's why I stopped using the looper block altogether which is a pity. Did you notice those noises in quantize mode too? or anyone else?
Hm. I have not noticed that in particular, although sometimes it does seem very cluttered or muddy when 2 things are simultaneously looped. Perhaps this is from something similar? In all honesty I haven't had much of that issue. I just really am wondering why it seems to be having so much trouble staying quantized while switching something within the same preset. I mean it's impossible to use effectively the way I want it to be used atm. As I do not currently have recording software, looping and playing overtop is how I make riffs presently and the constant timing sync errors screw it up a ton

It's just a guess, it could not be high cpu usage?

I've thought about it but I really don't think it's too high. The CPU isn't even overloaded on this same patch even when I turn power stage simulation and cab modeling on, and I usually use the patch with those turned off since I play through an ENGL amp and cab.

Anyone else have any ideas? This makes the looper almost completely useless to me. It can't stay in beat with the metronome

Happens when switching scenes or presets to me. So unless I'm just dicking around, the Looper isn't worth much. Time for a revision perhaps?

I sure hope so....certainly some things that can be improved in the Looper. Also the things I mentioned in post #2.

Happens when switching scenes or presets to me. So unless I'm just dicking around, the Looper isn't worth much. Time for a revision perhaps?
-
Austin
I'm thinking the looper is great for a tool to tweak your presets (play/loop/put down your guitar, tweak)... However, I thought that I could use it like a global looper at first, switch scenes/presets/keep in sync quantize 1/4 tap, and non-quantize... but.. that's NOT working for me after spending a lot of time and experimenting with it... the bummer is that I have the looper in so many presets now, because I thought I was going for that strategy - NOT ha ha (default library looper efx), and I tweaked them for gig volume (default is looper on and at 90%, now I have to freakin re-tweak my presets with the looper off and the db goes up 10%). My bad, Ha ha.. oh well.. my massive (but totally kick-ass) Boomerang lll and Sidecar is stayin on the stage (and it takes up a lot of realestate). Rock-on...

Back
Top Bottom