Wish Looper: "Play Once" option for Rec 2nd Press

Bump. This little addition would save me a lot of troubles during performances.

I never use overdub, so it's pretty annoying to be always required to use it in a simple setup. If I choose the "play" option on the config tab, I have overdub on the 3rd switch press. I'd like to have Record/Play then Stop on the same unique switch. How can this be possible ?

Yes, I’m just asking to make sure you don’t want it at all.
In those cases where I'd use this option, no.
All I want is to be able to record a loop and play it once using just one switch on the FC and just 2 presses.
Multiple presses and "hold" functions distract me from playing.

In those cases where I'd use this option, no.
All I want is to be able to record a loop and play it once using just one switch on the FC and just 2 presses.
Multiple presses and "hold" functions distract me from playing.
so you'd press rec, press again and it closes the loop and plays only once?

if rec 2nd press is "once", then you'd need a 2nd play button. right? are you saying you also don't ever need a play button? just trying to figure out the exact wish.

so you'd press rec, press again and it closes the loop and plays only once?
Exactly

if rec 2nd press is "once", then you'd need a 2nd play button. right? are you saying you also don't ever need a play button? just trying to figure out the exact wish.
Yes, that's why I wish for a "play once" option, if it was "once" the second press would just stop the recording without immediately starting the playback.

I'll give you a real world example of the application:
Listen to Muse's Supremacy 1st solo, it's repeated twice and in the second half there are harmonies played by trumpets over the guitar solo.
I basically record the solo with the looper and during the second half (played back by the looper) I play the trumpets part.

Back
Top Bottom