Bug? Looper out of sync after switching presets

wh10

The looper keeps playing across preset changes as long as the looper settings are compatible between presets. This is a useful feature but suffers from a bug: the loop is out of sync after the preset change.

Settings: Mono Undo, Quantize Quarter Notes

If you try these looper settings and play with an external metronome or drums you'll hear the loop go out of sync after the preset change. The loop will no longer be on the beat of the external metronome or drums.

This issue could be related to the audio gap when switching presets. I guess what happens is the AX8's audio processing is bypassed when switching presets and the loop isn't advancing. Would it be possible to advance the loop sample offset even during the audio gap so the loop stays in sync?

Thanks!

I reported this over a year ago and it still hasn't been fixed so I wouldn't hold my breath. I agree with you that it seems like a simple workaround to just advance the sample offset by the gap but I guess improvements like this aren't on the road map.

This is a very annoying problem indeed. Switching scenes most of the time brings the same bug. It just makes it impossible to use the Fractal looper in a rhythm situation (we always want to have a different sound between loop & non-loop). I don't remember there was such a bug 2 years ago, but I'm not sure...

Does it happen if you turn quantize off?

I don't have the right setup for this but a scientific way of checking is to send a click track into the AX8 and record it as an unquantized loop. Then play back the loop and switch presets - in your DAW you can check the waveform to see if the click track shifts.

PS: Make sure both presets have the Quantize Off setting in the looper block.

Well for me that's not the point. I'm trying to do perfect live loops synchronized to computer tracks, so Quantize has to be on. It works great as long as I don't change presets or scenes.

Back
Top Bottom