Looper help

Sugaragus

Good evening all. I’m having difficulty with the looper pedal. I’m very experienced with loopers as I’ve used them live many times, either the Boss or the DigiTech Jam Man. I’ve noticed with the axe iii built in looper, it’s almost impossible to have it loop seemlessly as the end of each loop always has a small little glitch before the next loop starts. I’ve literally spent 15 min trying to click it early, late, with my toe and no show on, at the beginning of the knob click, at the end of the knob click, etc. for anyone that uses a looper live...do you use an external looper instead or is there a setting Im missing to make this loop better with no glitchy sounds. Thanks.

what are you using to control the looper? what switch are you hitting? is it an FC?

if so, do you have a Hold function on the switch for Record or Play? if so, the Tap function triggers on the upstroke of the switch, not the down. so it depends when you let go of the switch, not when you press it.

remove the Hold function from Record and Play and see if that helps.

similarly, if the MLM command is enabled on the FC (holding the bottom right switch and then tapping the top right), then the bottom right switch always has a "hold function" on it, so that's not the best place for Record or Play for the same reason. you can change what switch you use or turn off the MLM command.

if you're using some other MIDI controller, not all of them send data immediately, and they also might have the "Tap vs Hold" situation i described above.

also check that Quantize is not turned on in the Looper block.

Awesome...thanks so much for the suggestion. I’ll give this a try tomorrow. I have the FC-12 so I’ll check on everything to make sure the settings are correct and I didn’t realize it was on the ‘letting go’ of the switch. Thanks!

Be sure axeedit isn't running.

edit: Man I just posted this yesterday and today spent about 15 minutes trying to get my timing on the FM3 looper with no luck. Sure enough, FM3 edit was running. getting old

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom