Implemented "Looper Half" missing in Axe FXIII

trancegodz

Fractal Fanatic
I just got my Axe FXIII today and was setting up the cc numbers and found that "Looper Half" has been removed. Would it be possible to add that back in a new firmware update? I like being able to go to half speed or double speed.

I totally expected the function to still be there. I was shocked when I discovered it wasn't. I kept hearing how they were making the looper better.
I didn't expect them to remove what I considered a basic function of the looper in the Axe FXII. Should be easy to bring back in a new firmware update.

That's indeed strange.

I discovered that both "Half" and "Stack" are missing in the Axe FXIII:

HALF – Slows the Looper’s speed to half. Playback and normal or overdub recording are supported at half speed. For double speed playback, record in half speed and then switch back to normal. Note: Halving the speed slightly reduces high-end frequency response.

STACK – Overdubs audio on an existing loop. Pressing it again stops the addition but playback continues. Existing audio is faded every time through the loop based on the setting of the DUB MIX parameter on the Looper’s MIX page.

This has to have been an oversight. Hopefully they will add these back in a new firmware update.

I discovered that both "Half" and "Stack" are missing in the Axe FXIII:...

STACK – Overdubs audio on an existing loop. Pressing it again stops the addition but playback continues. Existing audio is faded every time through the loop based on the setting of the DUB MIX parameter on the Looper’s MIX page.
Check out the Overdub parameter. :)

Ok I don't have an Axe III and already found it very strange they would leave out overdub. Yes is the same as stack.

Last edited:
Rex and Bodde: I do not see a separate (stack) or overdub function. Looks like you step on record a second time to overdub now. Is that correct?

Here are all the looper functions available in the Axe FXIII:

Record – If the looper is stopped and you press Record, recording begins. If the looper is playing, Record toggles
overdub on or off.

Play – This starts and stops playback. If the looper is recording or overdubbing when you press Play, recording or overdubbing stops and playback continues.

Undo – This undoes the last pass of recording or overdubbing.

Once – While the looper is playing back, pressing Once causes it to stop automatically when it reaches the end of the loop. If playback is stopped, Once starts playback from the beginning, plays through to the end, and then stops. Pressing Once while in the middle of a one-shot playback instantly starts the loop, re-triggering play like a “phrase sampler”. If you press Once while recording, this prevents playback from beginning automatically when you nish recording; instead the looper stops.

Reverse – This toggles the direction of playback.

Back
Top Bottom