Looper Controls - How are you setting them up?

FrenchFry

I'm a little unsure about how to proceed with setting up my looper on the MFC.

If I dedicate switches 11-15 to looper controls, it seems that those switches become global and are useless for patches that don't have a looper.

Maybe switches 1-5 is the way to go? They can do presets, then once revealed, can control looper?

Is there a way to program looper controls into individual patches so that the switches remain otherwise available for other patches?

How are you choosing to commit IA's to the looper on your MFC setup?

I use 1-5 and the reveal switch to get to them. I have 1-5 set as presets if reveal is not engaged.

That is how I would set things up as well. TBH I havent even played with the looper because when I tried to set it up (using the default AFX2 looper controles OR manually setting the CC number as per the AFX list) It didnt work :( record did but the other functions didnt - so I havent bothered.

Really need to sort that out as I dont use 2-4 for anything other than patch changes (use 1 for tuner and 5 for tap tempo) and could/should use those for record, stop/start and stack.

I have considered looking into a separate controller for the looper functions because I prefer "softer" buttons i.e. Boss RC-50 and Behringer FCB

Thanks guys, I currently have the looper setup on switches 1-5 behind the reveal. Works great.

1 - Record - Momentary. (hold to record, release to stop recording, play immediately).
2 - Stack/Dub - Momentary (hold to record)
3 - Undo - Toggle
4 - Reverse - Toggle (not sure I would ever use this. Will try other functions here.)
5 - Once - Toggle

For a hard stop, just pressing record quickly works fine, even though it actually records a quick bit of emptiness. Just didn't want another button for play/stop.
For my uses, I think the "Once" function is the best way to stop looping. I love the Once function.

This is way better than my digitech Jamman for sure! (except maybe for loop length... can't have the world!)

I might consider another external midi controller in the future if I'm going to be looping a ton, but for now this looks like the ticket for me.

I believe there was a section the MFC's release notes that stated that they're working on dedicated looper control mode in version 2.1 .

The new looper is awesome i just hope in the future there's an option to change the Once control back to it's old behavior. I like that it reacted like a DL4 once control.

I don't know what the "old" behavior was for the "once" control, but it seems to work exactly as it should on my end.

No matter where in the loop I hit it, the looper stops when it reaches the current iteration of the loop.

Isn't that the desired behavior of that function?

Dayhawk wants to be able to start the loop over at any moment ala Minus the Bear.

Yes Sir! Not saying that the new way is bad at all, i can definitely see it's uses this way as well. I just had a few songs where i used it the old way. It was also nice if the end of the loop was slightly off, i could just keep tapping Once on the beat and it would sound fine. Still an amazing update.

I'm an LF+ man myself...

I haven't done it yet but my plan is to set up another page with specific controls for the looper...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll bet there is a way to get that ability through some tweaking of the IA switches for the play or once function. Not that I would know how to do it, but I'd be surprised if someone around here doesn't come up with some kind of solution.

Back
Top Bottom