Looper Control

philipacamaniac

Fractal Fanatic
Around the time of the Amp Show, the AX8 looper control was previewed/mentioned and it looked like you'd be able to assign specific looper controls (like REC, PLAY, etc) to footswitches and that there wouldn't be a dedicated Looper Control Mode. That sounded cool as you could have a mix of scenes, IAs, and looper controls.

Now that the manual is here and the FW is finalized, it looks like we do have a dedicated Looper Control Mode. But, do we still have the option to assign specific looper controls to footswitches?

that is not available at this time. hopefully at least Rec, Play, Once and Undo will be added to the selection of Footswitch Blocks.

edit - i realized we can use external switches and the Pedal jacks, though i don't know how the logic between Rec and Play functions works on the AX8 yet. i'll look into it :)

Last edited:
I loop live at my acoustic gigs and I really need a dedicated stop button. There are many songs where I will loop a verse and need to stop the recording before the chorus so only the verse is looped.

Back
Top Bottom