looper control by other footswitch?

randombastage

Experienced
I would like to set up an external footswitch to be dedicated to start record and modulate play/stop so I don't have to enter looper mode first and leave looper mode to change presets etc. Can this be done with a pair of standard momentary or latching switches?

I'm seeing where I can assign a controller to the Play function but Record isn't in the menu...
Im guessing I'm not in the right place looking for it. I went into the Looper...Page 2...push Enter while Play is highlighted and assigned it to Source External 2...
Is that correct?
Thanks!

Edit to add: Ahha! Found the 4th page of the I/O menu...controllers... working on it now...

Edit again to add: Still not able to figure out how to assign the Record or Play function to the external footswitch

Last edited:
I'm seeing where I can assign a controller to the Play function but Record isn't in the menu...
Im guessing I'm not in the right place looking for it. I went into the Looper...Page 2...push Enter while Play is highlighted and assigned it to Source External 2...
Is that correct?
Thanks!

No, you need go the I/O section under SETUP. The CTRL tab allows you to assign MIDI CC numbers, Pedal 1, or Pedal 2 to a function. You need to make the assignment there.

28 for record, 29 for play...if I'm seeing that part correctly. But how do you assign both numbers to a single switch? Or do you have to have 2 pedals...Pedal 1 jack and Pedal 2 jack if you are trying to do what I'm doing?
I don't want to lose the expression pedal I have in Pedal jack 1 for Wah etc.

28 for record, 29 for play...if I'm seeing that part correctly. But how do you assign both numbers to a single switch? Or do you have to have 2 pedals...Pedal 1 jack and Pedal 2 jack if you are trying to do what I'm doing?
I don't want to lose the expression pedal I have in Pedal jack 1 for Wah etc.

In your OP, you requested a method for doing this with a pair of switches. That is the only method of controlling the RECORD and PLAY separately. However, if you attach one switch the Record, and then set "Play Immediate" parameter to "ON", that will allow you to trigger the RECORD on and off. When you stop recording the PLAY will start immediately. However, you will have to have to navigate back to the LOOPER to stop PLAY.

Just use RECORD. When you hit it the first time, recording begins. When you hit it while recording, it serves as play.

Thanks, I was thinking the pedal jacks could accommodate a tip ring sleeve arrangement of two toggle type switches.
I thought I had done this with the AxeFxII but maybe I'm thinking of some other piece of gear.
I'll just suck it up and tap on the Looper/Bypass button. 'First world problems' are nothing to worry about.
Thanks guys!
Great piece of gear by the way!

Back
Top Bottom