Looper Block "Record 2nd Press" assigned color.

Lou Lab

Inspired
It would be great to have a Looper Block "Record 2nd Press" assigned color. I always use Play as my "Record 2nd Press" and would actually like a that specific color assigned so that I know that I'm playing a loop.

Thank you.

I'm not sure I understand; when you hit record a second time, it turns yellow indicating overdubbing. If you hit play, and the play button is lit, then you know if you hit record you'll be recording onto a loop. If you stop the loop, and hit record, you're recording a new loop. Are you saying that you wish there were some sort of indicator - if NOTHING is playing - that there is a loop currently in memory?

It would be great to have a Looper Block "Record 2nd Press" assigned color. I always use Play as my "Record 2nd Press" and would actually like a that specific color assigned so that I know that I'm playing a loop.

Thank you.
I’m confused, too. If you hit Play, you’ll know that you’re playing a loop, because you’ll hear it.

I’m confused, too. If you hit Play, you’ll know that you’re playing a loop, because you’ll hear it.

Actually not always. Sometimes there's a lot going on, sometimes the loop is very subtle...

As I've said... I use "Record 2nd Press" set to "Play" in my Looper blocks.

At 1st Press, the LED turns on and I know I'm recording. Then on the 2nd Press the LED it turns itself off. Try it.

Actually not always. Sometimes there's a lot going on, sometimes the loop is very subtle...

As I've said... I use "Record 2nd Press" set to "Play" in my Looper blocks.

At 1st Press, the LED turns on and I know I'm recording. Then on the 2nd Press the LED it turns itself off. Try it.
I think you're mistaken or have your FC set up weirdly. Record once makes it record, hitting it a second time starts the loop and sets it to overdub. You can also hit Play after the loop and that will play the loop but not overdub. Then you can overdub whenever you like by hitting record while it's playing.

Maybe post a video of the problem you're having? The looper is working as expected for me... I want to help but I guess I'm just not getting your issue. I won't give up, though :)

I think you're mistaken or have your FC set up weirdly. Record once makes it record, hitting it a second time starts the loop and sets it to overdub. You can also hit Play after the loop and that will play the loop but not overdub. Then you can overdub whenever you like by hitting record while it's playing.

Maybe post a video of the problem you're having? The looper is working as expected for me... I want to help but I guess I'm just not getting your issue. I won't give up, though :)

Not if your Looper block has "Record 2nd Press" set to Play. Try it.

I assume Lou Lab is trying to get by without having a separate play switch in the layout. Setting Record 2nd Press to play lets you play the loop on the second press of the record switch instead of going directly into overdub mode. Frees up a switch for something else but you lose the play switch LED that indicates it's playing as well.

I assume Lou Lab is trying to get by without having a separate play switch in the layout. Setting Record 2nd Press to play lets you play the loop on the second press of the record switch instead of going directly into overdub mode. Frees up a switch for something else but you lose the play switch LED that indicates it's playing as well.

That's exactly it.

Ah. I see. Well, I have a while layout on my FC6 for the looper - I never even knew that was an option lol.

Back
Top Bottom