Wish Looper Block Exempt from Scene Volume in Output Block

Ugly Bunny

Power User
I was perplexed yesterday when I recorded a loop in one scene, switched to another scene to solo over it, and the volume of the loop dropped significantly. I couldn't figure out why this was until I realized that I normalize my scene volumes in the Output block.

Anyway, it would be fantastic to be able to check a box to make the looper volume independent of scenes.

I realize there would be other ways to achieve a similar result (perhaps using a mixer block, or leveling stuff before the looper, etc.), but then there's an issue if, say, I have a preset all ready but then later decide I want to add a looper.

IMHO.. It's always best to level your scenes in the grid itself via multiple instances/channels of low CPU blocks, before any delay/reverb effects. Doing it at the end of the chain causes any effect 'tails' to jump up or down in volume, and other clicks/thumps can also occur between scenes.

This volume consistency would also help with your Looper volume issues.

IMHO.. It's always best to level your scenes in the grid itself via multiple instances/channels of low CPU blocks, before any delay/reverb effects. Doing it at the end of the chain causes any effect 'tails' to jump up or down in volume, and other clicks/thumps can also occur between scenes.

This volume consistency would also help with your Looper volume issues.
This.

The way to make your Looper volume independent of scenes is put it downstream from the point where you’re leveling your scene volumes.

Back
Top Bottom