looper balance with 7cm fx8 rig

flying_walrus

Experienced
with different sounds in my right and left preamps, i'm trying to record something in stereo with the looper, then play back only the left side, so i can solo over it with the other side (and then switch for the second solo.)

i've got the looper set in the post-in position, and i'm using a scene controller to set the balance of the last block in my pre-chain and the looper in opposite directions.

unfortunately, turning the balance control in the looper hard left effectively mutes what i'm playing through the right channel. obviously the balance control is after the mix control in the signal path.

since the looper isn't a block, i can't route it in parallel. can anyone think of any other way to achieve this?

Last edited:
with different sounds in my right and left preamps, i'm trying to record something in stereo with the looper, then play back only the left side, so i can solo over it with the other side (and then switch for the second solo.)

i've got the looper set in the post-in position, and i'm using a scene controller to set the balance of the last block in my pre-chain and the looper in opposite directions.

unfortunately, turning the balance control in the looper hard left effectively mutes what i'm playing through the right channel. obviously the balance control is after the mix control in the signal path.

since the looper isn't a block, i can't route it in parallel. can anyone think of any other way to achieve this?
I'm not sure to understand: what exactly would you obtain? (sorry: my english is poor...)

this can be useful?:
A/B box to IN/POST IN
SWITCH A to Make loop stereo on Ch 1&2 (Looper position PRE IN or OUT)
SWITCH B to play stereo with other sound on Ch 3&4
I use this method to play multichannel soundscapes

Quite an interesting concept,
maybe she will help me.
Could you do the drawing:
where to insert the A / B switch,
which has 3 ways. Thank's.
upload_2018-7-18_21-44-33.png

upload_2018-7-18_21-57-41.png

Back
Top Bottom